Listen Up, You Looters!

Heights2Bastrop

The Louisiana governor is on the air now addressing looters and other lawbreakers of the enforcement policies about to be implemented. The warnings include threats of severe punishment for those caught breaking the law, so the people had better heed her warnings.

Just one slight problem

The Louisiana governor is on the air now addressing looters and other lawbreakers of the enforcement policies about to be implemented. The warnings include threats of severe punishment for those caught breaking the law, so the people had better heed her warnings.

Just one slight problem

The people being bussed into the Astrodome came from the Superdome, which was sealed off during the hurricane and no one was allowed in or out. the looters are still in NO and weren't in the superdome. So no looters will be coming to Houston.

And besides, just because a person is a looter in NO doesn't mean they'll be a looter here. If I were stuck out there you'd better believe I'd be taking food and water wherever I could find it, but of course I don't go around doing that here.

And besides, just because a person is a looter in NO doesn't mean they'll be a looter here.  If I were stuck out there you'd better believe I'd be taking food and water wherever I could find it, but of course I don't go around doing that here.

Yes, but there's a HUGE difference between looting food and water from a closed up store to survive and taking guns and knives and then patrolling the city threatening people, shooting at authorities and rescue workers, and adding to the general chaos of the situation. That is inexcusable. My favorite images so far are of a guy stealing a vacuum cleaner and carrying it through water several feet deep (what exactly is he planning to vacuum with it???) and a woman stealing a fur coat from a clothing store only to get out in the water-filled street and start dragging it through the nasty water.

Archived