HAIF - Houston's original social media

Centre at Post Oak

I know in Los Angeles, a similar concept called Ice Cream Lab did the same thing, and there are numerous other clones.

Liquid nitrogen is fun, you can shrink balloons (by turning the air inside to liquid), shatter rubber balls, and do all sorts of other fun stuff. Too bad it's hard to acquire, though.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, IronTiger said:

Liquid nitrogen is fun, you can shrink balloons (by turning the air inside to liquid), shatter rubber balls, and do all sorts of other fun stuff. Too bad it's hard to acquire, though.

This used to be a popular party trick among science grad students who had ready access to LN2 - the title is a misnomer as you do have to be careful not to inhale or swallow.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Snooze is definitely my current favorite breakfast place...and while the lines/wait can be a bummer, maybe by opening more the wait will be less ;) ....either way, i am stoked to possibly be getting one of these 1 block from my condo and 2 blocks from my work!!! 

https://houston.eater.com/2018/2/19/17026724/snooze-am-eatery-houston-galleria-opening

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

IT IS CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just rode my bike past there last night...the whole inside is being demolished and there is a building permit posted on the front door stating Snooze and A.M. eatery is the occupant!!! 

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/07-31-18-snooze-am-eatery-brunch-restaurant-galleria-location-centre-on-post-oak-2019/#slide=0

Snooze: An AM Eatery, the rapidly expanding, Denver-based restaurant that serves brunch every day, has confirmed it will replace Arcodoro in the Centre at Post Oak shopping center at 5000 Westheimer Rd. Slated to open in early 2019, the Galleria location will be the Houston-area’s sixth Snooze, joining Montrose, Katy, Town & Country, The Heights, and one that’s still under construction in Webster. At 3,700 square feet, the Galleria location will be about average for a Snooze, but a 48-seat, dog-friendly patio will set the new location apart from its siblings."

now i just need to go out and adopt a puppy :)

Edited by gene
  • Like 1

https://snoozeeatery.com/tx-menu/

I'd buy these three things! :lol:

Huevos Rancheros
Corn or flour tortillas layered with black beans, jack cheese, ranchero sauce, three eggs any style, and pico de gallo.
(Imagine it topped with veggies and/or meats!)

Sunburst Cakes
Our buttermilk lemon poppyseed batter topped with homemade lemon anglaise, macerated blackberries, citrus mascarpone and toasted almonds.

French Toast Neat
For the purist, French toasted brioche completed with whipped mascarpone cream, seasonal fruit and Slopeside pure Vermont maple syrup.

• 3 months later...

I go early so never a wait really...and that is the best part about more of these opening up....the wait will be less as each new one opens hopefully!

But yes go early or go before they close and the wait is hardly ever bad even at the craziness that is the montrose location!

• 3 months later...

hmmmm interesting...i wonder how exactly...

like build above it all or is the old Ethan Allen building still part of Centre at Post Oak so maybe just knock that down etc?

looking forward to see how this develops