Holiday Inn Express/Staybridge Suites Hotels At 2351 West Loop S.

uptown continues its eastward expansion.....watch out afton oaks, you may not have light rail going through your neighborhood, but you are increasingly surrounded by high density development and towers looking down on you (along with university line supporters with long memories)

• Like 5

uptown continues its eastward expansion.....watch out afton oaks, you may not have light rail going through your neighborhood, but you are increasingly surrounded by high density development and towers looking down on you (along with university line supporters with long memories)

Is it just me or is that area between Midtown and Westchase beginning to resemble a newer version of Berlin to anyone?

Especially when I see aerial shots from River Oaks looking years uptown.

Kind of scary. Berlins population is packed in twice as dense as we are. Can't imagine the traffic but the city scapes are staying to look eerily similar

Is it just me or is that area between Midtown and Westchase beginning to resemble a newer version of Berlin to anyone?

Especially when I see aerial shots from River Oaks looking years uptown.

Kind of scary. Berlins population is packed in twice as dense as we are. Can't imagine the traffic but the city scapes are staying to look eerily similar

show us some pics to compare. I don't remember the Berlin skyline...

show us some pics to compare. I don't remember the Berlin skyline...

Its not just the skyline per se, I was referencing the heavy infill and eclectic feel.

Berlin had a heap of buildings razed during and after THE war so it didn't have that totally older feel.

The mix just made me wonder if thats where that chunk of town is heading. A densely packed hodge podge of buildings

• 2 years later...
26 minutes ago, Pumapayam said:

So, they share an elevator?

I'm pretty sure there will be more than one. The set-up will probably ultimately share guest privileges at both hotels, like possibly sharing a restaurant/bar area, which aren't found in Holiday Inn Express units. Actually, I don't know how they'll end up doing it.

• Like 2

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/morning_call/2016/07/exclusive-dual-branded-hotel-to-rise-in-galleria.html

A dual-branded Holiday Inn Express and Staybridge Suites is coming to Houston's Galleria area, a spokesperson for U.K.-based Intercontinental Hotels Group (NYSE: IHG) told the Houston Business Journal. The brand's franchise agreement was signed in May 2015, the spokesperson said.

Houston-based American Liberty Hospitality Inc. is the franchisee and will develop the hotel, but declined to comment on a timeline or specific location. A rendering of the hotel can be seen on American Liberty Hospitality's website. American Liberty Hospitality just wrapped up another dual-branded hotel in Houston – the 300-room Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites by Hilton, which opened in March.

• Like 4

• 2 years later...

http://modyspace.com/WestLoop610-Details

Galleria West Loop 610 : is a 1.79 acres parcel of land on the prominent West Loop South in Houston. It is in the heart of Galleria and Highland Village ,Uptown Park and Bvld at walking distance. These are the most upscale retail shopping areas in the city.

The Galleria, is an upscale mixed-use urban development centrally located in the Uptown District. It has a retail complex, the Galleria Office Towers complex, 2 Westin hotels, and a private health club.

With 3 million total square feet of space that includes 2.4 million of gross leasable area with over 375 stores, the Galleria is the largest mall in Texas and eighth-largest in the United States. It is currently anchored by Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue, and two separate, full-line Macy's.

This piece of land has enormous potential due to its location and neighborhood affinities with the most affluent population of Houston.

inner-banner.jpg

• Like 2

"Two separate full-line Macy's" obviously dates the writing of that, considering Macy's at Sage closed in 2014. As for location, it's a 1.79 acre parcel, but the "legal description" dates it back to 2002. We know it's "north of Westheimer"...the plot where Joe's Golf House was is too small (besides, it was still occupied in 2002), another plot a bit south of it is possible but also on the small side (1.57 acres).

My guess is a plot just southwest of Post Oak Blvd. and 610, as it has a proper calculated acreage (~1.8 as per Google Earth), north of Westheimer, is wider in the front than back, and never previously occupied (open space in 2002).

• 1 month later...

Was browsing the sold permits and found this:

Project No: 16050090
Date : 2018/10/29 00:00:00
USE : (EPR) HOTEL W/SITEWORK, 1-12-1-R1/A2/A3/
Owner/Occupant : *HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS
Job Address : 2351 WEST LOOP SOUTH 77027
Valuation : $ 33,834,683
Permit Type : 13
FCC Group : Hotels & Motels
Buyer : *CODE DOCTOR, L.P. DBA CATON C
Address : CYPRESS CREEK PKY 200 77070
Phone : (832) 688-8929

http://www.cohtora.houstontx.gov/ibi_apps/WFServlet.ibfs?IBIF_webapp=/ibi_apps&IBIC_server=EDASERVE&IBIWF_msgviewer=OFF&IBIAPP_app=soldpermits&IBIF_ex=sold_permit_d&CLICKED_ON=&PN=16050090&PT=13

Edited by AREJAY
  • Like 1

http://newregionalplanning.com/properties/single/west-loop-610-near-derek-hotel

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.7430761,-95.4571935,3a,76.9y,139.65h,78.49t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s-gNWL566GP-dfsS6-LOq-Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

The site is adjacent to Stage HQ and Public Storage. This is NOT the County Building north of Public Storage. 

610_2_light.png

610_1_light.png

Edited by LBC2HTX
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

https://www.arch-con.com/division/holiday-inn-express-staybridge-suites/

The 221,895-square-foot Holiday Inn Express/Staybridge Suites is a dual brand hotel that will be 14 stories and have 319 guest rooms. The second floor will have an outdoor, roof-level amenities deck and pool area. It includes a cast-in-place concrete structure, EIFS, masonry and glass façade. The hotel will be located inside the 610 loop of the Houston Galleria between San Felipe and Westheimer.

• Like 6

• 4 months later...

Can’t see much of the lot from this photo, but looks like things are getting underway. They’ve got the orange blockades on the south edge of the lot by the Stage building and some guys were on site starting what looked like construction fencing on the 610 side.

FCEDD6E5-8618-4156-B930-9198444F1340.jpeg

• Like 6