have a wonderful 4th HAIF! love.. health.. & happiness...

monarch

ok this might be a bit off topic but i was in NY recently (i love that city, way more than houston, which might be bad to admit on a houston forum but whatevs) 

and the boom there is INSANE

there are over 40 150m+ under construction there (with dozens of them proposed as well)

man i hope one day (in the near future) houston can boom like that

^^^ this is a CELEBRATION THREAD that shall probably be tossed to the bottom of this forum after tomorrow.  therefore, let's live it up!  if the houston economy wasn't so hell bent and based upon oil / energy.... which we all can understand becomes quite VOLATILE even it one breathes to hard on it, then, of course we could follow in the rapid footsteps of new york with their never ending sea of construction.  however, we can only appreciate what GOD has graced us with... FAITH!

not to mention, i am still awaiting news on our prospective RITZ CARLTON from our good pal... @astros148  where on earth did he disappear to...... 

the vast majority of the u/c towers in ny are residential. in fact, all but 5 of the 40 u/c towers have some residential component

it also seems to be the case that residential towers are gaining traction in houston as well

though our buildings are obviously of the shorter variety

if houston is to boom soon, we should expect many residential buildings 

Archived