Urbannizer

Giorgetti Houston: 7-story Residential Building

I’m a huge advocate for light rail but what are the chances we’ll get more? Are new lines even being considered? If so, would would it happen in our lifetime)

The next logical light rail line would run East-West, connecting downtown to Uptown to Briar Forest to the Energy Corridor. Extending current lines to IAH and HOU would be nice, too.

On 8/4/2018 at 10:30 AM, BeerNut said:

Looks like metro will be focusing on BRT and line extensions.

http://www.metronext.org/pdfs/2018_july_board_workshop_handouts.pdf

metro.JPG

They seriously have a severe lack of vision as an organization. I mean at least they are considering something, but these extensions look very impractical. On a good note, BRT is a good front end to prep an area for light rail later. At least that's something.

Edited by Luminare

The highways can't really be expanded anymore unless you do a funky underground thing like DFW did with 635. Point being that mass transit, light rail especially, must be more heavily considered. I cannot believe expansions like 288, with all that room they had to work with, didn't integrate a light rail extension from the Med Center.

10 minutes ago, thatguysly said:

The highways can't really be expanded anymore unless you do a funky underground thing like DFW did with 635. Point being that mass transit, light rail especially, must be more heavily considered. I cannot believe expansions like 288, with all that room they had to work with, didn't integrate a light rail extension from the Med Center.

I think driverless car ride sharing will be the eventual direction we go with “mass” transit in Houston and elsewhere.  Driverless cars would  reliably navigate our existing freeways and streets more effectively and efficiently that human drivers ever could.  Capacity increases, accidents/deaths decrease and we don’t have to invest in a complete new infrastructure.  

On a a side note... extensive light rail mass transit in Houston seems impractical.  We’re too spread out.  It works for the central, more dense parts of the city, but would put the city under financially if we tried for a large network.

The Sophie is also 7-stories.  I'd pick Giorgetti personally.  They both start at the same price of $1.4mm! I wonder if that's a Stolz Partners price similarity.  The Sophie is in such a less denser part of area.  Giorgetti is in Upper Kirby and Greenway Plaza whereas The Sophier is on a strip of Memorial.

7 hours ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

The Sophie is also 7-stories.  I'd pick Giorgetti personally.  They both start at the same price of $1.4mm! I wonder if that's a Stolz Partners price similarity.  The Sophie is in such a less denser part of area.  Giorgetti is in Upper Kirby and Greenway Plaza whereas The Sophier is on a strip of Memorial.

But the Sophie is just a hop, skip and a jump from Memorial Park.  That will be a big draw for many.  Both buildings will fill up fast.

Sophie has a nice retail mix there on 

Memorial all they need is a HEB Market or Whole Foods. Starbucks & the usual 

suspects are already there, along with 

some local flavor. 

The sales center is now on Virgina street in a trailer.  Wonder what that means for their sales center on Kirby & W. Alabama? 

• Like 1

Giorgetti's, or HRO's, staging area is now fenced off.  That, combined with the sales office move makes me think something is up.

fQsEmQ0.jpg

V34zFcY.jpg

Oa8k1lR.jpg

• Like 6