• 3 months later...

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2018/02/01/sneak-peek-luxury-condo-project-in-upper-kirby-to.html

A luxury condominium project named after a high-end Italian furniture maker is set to break ground in March, according to a Feb. 1 press release. 

Georgia-based developer Stolz Partners announced in the release that the company has closed on the 39,453-square-foot site at 2701 Steel St. where Giorgetti Houston will rise. Click through the slideshow above to see renderings of Giorgetti Houston.

• Like 7

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2018/05/15/upper-kirby-luxury-branded-condos-break-ground.html

The team behind the Giorgetti, the luxury condominium project named after a high-end Italian furniture maker, broke ground May 15 on the 32-unit project set to open by the end of 2019. This will be the first branded condo project for the 120-year-old Italian design company.

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Giorgetti Houston's residences feature porcelain tile floors and stone Italians quartz countertops that make for luxurious bathrooms that live beyond trends.

NkjH0GC.jpg

Our sleek kitchens feature @gaggenauofficial appliances, revolutionary kitchen appliances that ensure optimum quality in every detail.

HFNL5Mz.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/giorgettihouston/

On 5/16/2018 at 11:54 AM, jlaugh2314 said:

Next door to Hanover River Oaks - can you say "traffic".   

I live in the area and drive by this site twice a day on my way to and from work. Kirby is not near as bad as Shepherd and neither are bad at all compared to the poor souls who live in Katy, Surgarland or the Woodlands. Traffic is really not much of an issue if you live in upper kirby or river oaks. You never have to drive far and can Uber to just about anywhere worth going for $7 and they show up at your house in under 5 minutes.

On 5/16/2018 at 11:54 AM, jlaugh2314 said:

Next door to Hanover River Oaks - can you say "traffic".   

Since Uptown has blocked light rail multiple times (Post Oak and University lines), I'm really hoping that the next legs focus on  the "spines" that continue to density INSIDE the loop.

1st on the list would be Allen Parkway/Kirby. It could connect to the Theatre District stop.....go up Allen parkway with the currently and planned developments (i.e. mixed use near FRB and  Regent Square)  and then down Upper Kirby, which  is quickly becoming the "Broadway" of Houston. It would then continue up Kirby to Rice Village. You'd get a lot of points of interest along that route and it would alleviate traffic.

Midtown appears to be in good shape with the cluster of dense development along the Main Street Line.

Other Inner Loop 'urban' corridors that Metro should consider as they are really densifying quickly include...Washington and Montrose.

Uptown had their chance....

I agree 100% with your sentiment, however there’s no way in hell that RO residents will allow a rail line down Kirby. Shepherd  would be more feasible, politically, though idk how feasible it is engineering-wise. Montrose blvd makes sense but we don’t really need two lines to the museum district. Also, Washington, W Dallas or W Gray would be alternatives to Allen (my vote is Washington). 

On 8/4/2018 at 10:30 AM, BeerNut said:

Looks like metro will be focusing on BRT and line extensions.

http://www.metronext.org/pdfs/2018_july_board_workshop_handouts.pdf

metro.JPG

They seriously have a severe lack of vision as an organization. I mean at least they are considering something, but these extensions look very impractical. On a good note, BRT is a good front end to prep an area for light rail later. At least that's something.

Edited by Luminare

The highways can't really be expanded anymore unless you do a funky underground thing like DFW did with 635. Point being that mass transit, light rail especially, must be more heavily considered. I cannot believe expansions like 288, with all that room they had to work with, didn't integrate a light rail extension from the Med Center.

10 minutes ago, thatguysly said:

The highways can't really be expanded anymore unless you do a funky underground thing like DFW did with 635. Point being that mass transit, light rail especially, must be more heavily considered. I cannot believe expansions like 288, with all that room they had to work with, didn't integrate a light rail extension from the Med Center.

I think driverless car ride sharing will be the eventual direction we go with “mass” transit in Houston and elsewhere.  Driverless cars would  reliably navigate our existing freeways and streets more effectively and efficiently that human drivers ever could.  Capacity increases, accidents/deaths decrease and we don’t have to invest in a complete new infrastructure.  

On a a side note... extensive light rail mass transit in Houston seems impractical.  We’re too spread out.  It works for the central, more dense parts of the city, but would put the city under financially if we tried for a large network.