http://www.har.com/2525-maconda-houston-tx-77027/homevalue_3167481

I am not sure if this is the right place to put this question but what in the heck is going on with this house? it is located pretty much across the street from the whataburger at 3639 westheimer and has been under construction for about 15 YEARS or more is my guess...i am not kidding when it seems that the owner maybe buys one board or one window or one light switch plate every 3 to 6 months haha! I pass by it almost daily and its so weird to see this shell of a house with no back walls facing Westheimer... i have just always wondered what they deal was and wondered if there was an interesting story about the owner or property etc...

thanks!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HoustonMidtown said:

I always wondered too -- I don't drive by it much anymore, but used to all the time - I could never tell if it was being worked on or not....then all of a sudden, a new windows would show up !!

haha exactly!!!! for a while there it was like omg there is one new shingle on the roof or wow lookie, a garage door handle was installed but then even that slowed down! 

there has to be some interesting story about what is going on there! 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

The family that was building it was doing all of the work themselves as a family project when their daughter died in a tragic car accident circa 2001 and it has remained unfinished ever since.  I check in on it every once in a while, and at this point I guess they are just keeping it unfinished - they won't let go of it but won't move forward either.

• Like 1

There must not be an HOA board? I can't imagine them letting this be this way for the past 20 years...

I am so sad to hear about their loss but gosh if they aren't going to finish it then sell it so someone can enjoy the home (or land to build a different new home).

• 6 months later...

Wow, I came to this forum to make an inquiry on the exact same address when I saw that you beat me to it...4 years ago.

I debated even posting something as this is a person's private home as opposed to a business, and now that I see the sad backstory regarding the family, I feel even worse for pointing it out. Wishing this family all the best.

Edited by mls1202
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

and still...it stands unfinished...

wowsa. 

i still want to know the whole story...while nowhere near complete or seeming inhabitable, it does seem that most doors and windows are now installed...no one is living there...right?! 

• 9 months later...
  • The title was changed to Home At 2525 Maconda Ln.