Concert in the canyon.

Lou

Sometime about 1974 I was in a record store in Houston and picked up an ad for a concert.  On a lark, I hopped on my motorcycle and drove to the concert.

Following the directions I left Houston and headed west.  It seems like I drove for 2 to 4 hours.  Possibly, it was in San Antonio or Austin or thereabout.

The concert was inside an area that was surrounded with tall cliffs.  Almost like a crater.  The cliffs must have been 50 to 75 feet tall.

The area within the canyon was about as big as several football fields.  It was mostly flat and grassy.

I can not remember how to get there.  Does anyone know where this concert was?

• 7 years later...

Fate of $62M Sunken Garden Theater makeover still unclear - San Antonio Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

sgt-concept-entrance.jpg

sgt-concept.jpg

"Nearly two and a half years after the Brackenridge Park Conservancy first unveiled plans for a major renovation of the aging Sunken Garden Theater, the fate of that landmark project remains uncertain.

But backers could finally learn in a few months whether there is the public support needed to advance their vision for the more than 90-year-old venue."

• Sad 1