The Sophie: Condominiums At 6017 Memorial Dr.

Urbannizer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

These are very expensive condos, not apartments. They should be a lot more durable as they are concrete and not the cheap wood common with 5 story wood frame construction.

2 hours ago, Timoric said:

This looks like something that won't be torn down in 30 years, in fact, I hope and think a lot of the new construction this decade has a durable look to it.

Question, is ANY non high rise apartment complex built in Houston in the late 70s and early 80s building boom good enough to keep? from all the demo pictures seems like the answer is no, or maybe that is the way it should be, 30-40 year lifespan

5 hours ago, Timoric said:

This looks like something that won't be torn down in 30 years, in fact, I hope and think a lot of the new construction this decade has a durable look to it.

Question, is ANY non high rise apartment complex built in Houston in the late 70s and early 80s building boom good enough to keep? from all the demo pictures seems like the answer is no, or maybe that is the way it should be, 30-40 year lifespan

70s and 80s apartment complexes are good enough to keep in certain areas. The reason they are torn down in others has less to do with materials of construction than the price of the land they are sitting on and the higher profits that can be made from newer and denser product. I'd say you are right, in some cases a 30-40 year lifespan is appropriate. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived