KQLC 90.7 Sealy now Christian Pop

Anonymouse

Apparently, it's now playing Christian Pop. The stream's definitely on, but the quality needs some work. http://kqlcfm.org/listen.html

I remember two years ago they were soft Christian music, so they must have modernized since then.

Actually, just right now as I was posting this, they had an English liner announcing the station will soon be switching to a Spanish Christian music format. Does anyone know anything about the potential format? I'm not so sure the area needs a Spanish Christian station since 88.1 exists?

Huh. Well, that's interesting. I wonder if the ministry is leasing it out, or if they are planning on selling it out? Reverend Orrick has been deceased some 15 years now, since even before they flip flopped the then facilities of 107-9 KQLC and Houston Christian Broadcaster's 90-7 KBCP. The Orrick ministry then donated what became 107-9 KBCP to Royal I.S.D., and the only thing the district did with it was to let a big, fat "D" get placed on the license.

For the better, anyway. KQQK absolutely obliterated the Sealy co-channel IN SEALY itself. This is why I chuckle every time I think about the knuckleheads applyinv to place that K297BT translator on 300 from Simonton. Idiots.

Don't know, Mouse. It's had better days, anyway. I don't see how English language Contemporary Christian pop would fare much better, given KXBJ is there screaming in from the south. 96-9 has decent coverage of that I-10 corridor for a good chunk of distance. It even battles with your lil' KPPC-LP on the east side of SA. Major feather in KSBJ's cap to have gotten that facility from Liberman for a song...

Archived