Fox 26 KRIV-TV News Director Bob Morford leaving

Blue Dogs

Looks like the exodus of Fox 26 continues.

News Director Bob Morford, after 4 years with the station, will be leaving on June 1st & going to WAFF-TV Hunstville, AL.

According to sources, who told Mike McGuff of mikemcguff.com., Morford never even fully lived in Houston considering that his wife resides in TN, so he often commuted there during the weekends. He joined Fox 26 in 2012 as an assistant news director, where he was later moved up to the top job 1 year later when then-News Director Tom Doerr left for WFLD-TV Fox 32 Chicago, IL & became that station's news director there.

In the meantime, an aggressive search for Morford's replacement is underway!

http://mikemcguff.blogspot.com/2016/05/bob-morford-leaves-fox-26-kriv-news-director.html

That's interesting, one guy out and one guy in. Did you see that 26 has hired Don Teague's replacement? A guy by the name of Jonathan Martin. Haven't taken the time to look up his background, but Melinda Spaulding introduced him on the 5 o'clock newscast tonight, and he's apparently starting Monday night @ 9.

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 6:10 PM, Purpledevil said:

That's interesting, one guy out and one guy in. Did you see that 26 has hired Don Teague's replacement? A guy by the name of Jonathan Martin. Haven't taken the time to look up his background, but Melinda Spaulding introduced him on the 5 o'clock newscast tonight, and he's apparently starting Monday night @ 9.

I heard about that, I will NOT be watching that trainwreck!

6 hours ago, FilioScotia said:

I'm thinking of buying stock in stores that sell revolving doors to Houston TV stations.

I'm wondering if Fox 26 will allow to have "The Isiah Factor" show continue on Friday nights ?

Is it me or has Fox26 news has become a train wreck and is trending towards a news magazine and gossip program with a bunch of fillers instead of being filled with news?  A few years ago, they had a decent news program.  Now, it seems I have to watch a second news program to get the rest of the news.

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 10:23 AM, StevenM said:

Is it me or has Fox26 news has become a train wreck and is trending towards a news magazine and gossip program with a bunch of fillers instead of being filled with news?  A few years ago, they had a decent news program.  Now, it seems I have to watch a second news program to get the rest of the news.

Sure looks like it, I've spoken to several people, who don't watch Fox 26 anymore because of the recent turnover & the co-anchor, who previously worked for a terrorist organization's news network.

Archived