Drewery Place: Multifamily High-Rise At 2850 Fannin St.

Urbannizer

On 5/5/2019 at 9:36 AM, MarathonMan said:

I love that The lights in this building are beginning to glow at night.  Its heart is finally beginning to beat.  Can’t wait for residents to bring it fully to life!

I agree.

And just imagine - maybe, someday, Camden at McGowen Station will be completed, too, and we'll have Main Street back again.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

That is ... a very wide variety of neighborhoods. Among those, the closest comparison (at least in physical form) is probably Navy Yard/ SE/ the area around the ballpark. Once everything currently under construction is finished, I actually think Midtown will be pretty comparable to Navy Yard. Actually, I'd say Midtown is better because it has actually managed to retain some remnants of previous iterations of itself. Navy Yard has retained a few nice old red brick buildings, but the actual tenants are mostly pretty bougie and mediocre. Midtown absolutely has its bro scene of course, but it also has Leon's, Continental Club, Big Top, Double Trouble, Tacos a-go-go, some remaining good bits of Little Saigon, the best Spec's, 13 degrees, HCC Central's campus, the amazing job done at the old Gulf Station for Revival, same for Axelrad, some solid newer stuff like Spicy Girl, and it's even getting a Whole Foods for just a touch of bougieness. 

Nah, twenty years nothing.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

So now that this project is, for all intensive purposes complete, what is the next step regarding the other towers that are supposedly 500-600 feet tall? Are we still expecting them to rise soon? Has anybody even  seen the full rendering except for the bottom 10 floors or so? The only reason I'm interested in this project is because of those yet-to-be-built towers. Not this thing..

• Like 3

6 hours ago, AREJAY said:

FAA shows the 600 foot "Tower C" has a construction timeline from 12/2019 to 11/2022

and 570 foot "Tower A" has the same construction dates 

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=displayOECase&oeCaseID=403884614&row=240

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=displayOECase&oeCaseID=403884593&row=257

Overview
Study (ASN): 2019-ASW-5459-OE
Prior Study:  

Received Date: 04/26/2019
Entered Date: 04/26/2019
Map: View Map
Construction Info     Structure Summary
Notice Of: CONSTR
Duration: PERM    (Months: 0    Days: 0)
Work Schedule: 12/13/2019  to  11/09/2022

Structure Type: Building
Structure Name: Tower C2
FCC Number:  

Structure Details     Height and Elevation
Latitude (NAD 83): 29° 44' 39.49" N
Longitude (NAD 83): 95° 22' 25.72" W
Datum: NAD 83
City: Houston
State: TX
Nearest County: Harris

Proposed
Site Elevation:
Structure Height:
Total Height (AMSL):

Frequencies
Low Freq High Freq Unit ERP Unit
Overview
Study (ASN): 2019-ASW-5454-OE
Prior Study:  

Received Date: 04/26/2019
Entered Date: 04/26/2019
Map: View Map
Construction Info     Structure Summary
Notice Of: CONSTR
Duration: PERM    (Months: 0    Days: 0)
Work Schedule: 12/13/2019  to  11/09/2022

Structure Type: Building
Structure Name: Tower A1
FCC Number:  

Structure Details     Height and Elevation
Latitude (NAD 83): 29° 44' 39.32" N
Longitude (NAD 83): 95° 22' 27.90" W
Datum: NAD 83
City: Houston
State: TX
Nearest County: Harris

Proposed
Site Elevation:
Structure Height:
Total Height (AMSL):

Frequencies
Low Freq High Freq Unit ERP Unit

Pretty exciting, especially the heights - both taller than The Preston! Not going to celebrate until I see some more confirmation, I think they filed permits for three buildings way back in 2017 or whenever the first one started.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Timoric said:

What if Caydon is not done after all these?

I could see them buying up all of Midtown, and making it a little Australia. 150+ m residential towers, and Vegemite sandwiches as far as the eye can see. A glorious future that brings a tear to my eyes. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, TheSirDingle said:

I could see them buying up all of Midtown, and making it a little Australia. 150+ m residential towers, and Vegemite sandwiches as far as the eye can see. A glorious future that brings a tear to my eyes. 

And pourover coffee galore!! Can’t wait.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TheSirDingle said:

They should sponsor some sort of kangaroo exhibit at the zoo for some extra publicity.

(The forum groans as H-Town invokes the kangaroo cliché.)

Edited by H-Town Man
  • Like 1