Drewery Place: Multifamily High-Rise At 2850 Fannin St.

Urbannizer

5 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Think about the level of density the city will have from the TMC to Downtown if the city approves no parking minimums for Midtown and Eado! The area is already rather dense as it is having that restriction. 

Does the city have that on the agenda to vote on?

On 10/9/2018 at 9:43 AM, j_cuevas713 said:

Think about the level of density the city will have from the TMC to Downtown if the city approves no parking minimums for Midtown and Eado! The area is already rather dense as it is having that restriction. 

The Red line is going to be even more popular. It's a shame TMC is not on the same axis as the Blue line. That intersection (red and blue if it crossed in TMC) would be something. 

I still think McGowan is going to need done transportation upgrades very soon

3 minutes ago, HoustonIsHome said:

The Red line is going to be even more popular. It's a shame TMC is not on the same axis as the Blue line. That intersection (red and blue if it crossed in TMC) would be something. 

I still think McGowan is going to need done transportation upgrades very soon

I honestly thing the next step is making Richmond a BRT line. I think BRT can make huge gains in this city. And what's better is its cheap and easily convertible to rail.

18 minutes ago, j_cuevas713 said:

I honestly thing the next step is making Richmond a BRT line. I think BRT can make huge gains in this city. And what's better is its cheap and easily convertible to rail.

That's the current plan for the blue line, since there's no funding to make it a full light rail line

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2018/10/17/first-look-tour-interiors-of-caydons-apartment.html#g/444061/1

By late 2019, the developer will break ground on its mixed-use project that, along with the residential high-rise, will span about three city blocks when complete.

The Australian developer is eyeing the Museum District, Montrose and Midtown for future projects.

Renderings on first page.

1 minute ago, Urbannizer said:

Something is wrong with the link Urb. Try it again... this one just sends me back to this page (if its something on my end I will delete this post).

12 minutes ago, Avossos said:

Something is wrong with the link Urb. Try it again... this one just sends me back to this page (if its something on my end I will delete this post).

Hm that was odd. I deleted the link and pasted it again, seems to be working now.

The trees in Rechlin's pic make this area look more aged and beautiful. Love it.

But can we have one street downtown lined with beautiful flowering non natives. 

I vote for Jatropha trees. Mine survived last winters harsh cold. And it's covered in red flowers almost every day. Thryallis are always covered in flowers too.

The Australia-based company also shared plans to lease one of the ground-level retail spots to a non-Texas based company. Four or five tenants will occupy the 13K SF space.

"We are in the process of being very specific in who we target," Caydon Chief Operations Officer Derrek LeRouax said. "We don't, as most other developers would, take the first people that come through the door with the highest dollar. We look at it from a perspective of being able to help balance the community."

Read more at: https://www.bisnow.com/houston/news/multifamily/caydon-reveals-model-apartment-for-midtown-high-rise-94056?utm_source=CopyShare&utm_medium=Browser