Drewery Place: Multifamily High-Rise At 2850 Fannin St.

Urbannizer

On 11/25/2017 at 2:54 PM, mollusk said:

The way that part of Midtown floods, underground parking would be A Very Bad Idea - at least until the storm drainage system catches up.

Mollusk, I hope your wrong because Camden just built a multi level parking garage under the new Midtown project and the new midtown park.

1 hour ago, houstontexasjack said:

We don't have renderings for them yet.  They are in the pipeline, based on the FAA filings.  They would be in the two blocks immediately to the north of this one.

Thanks. I feel much better now. Now, is this building the tallest of the three?

1 hour ago, Houston? said:

Thanks. I feel much better now. Now, is this building the tallest of the three?

Based on the FAA filings, it would be the shortest.  The other two towers would be 544 feet and 621 feet, respectively.  Links for some of the information below:

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=displayOECase&oeCaseID=335960229&row=2 

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=displayOECase&oeCaseID=335958451&row=1 

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, CREguy13 said:

With the work schedule ending October 2022, I assume they're planning to have all 3 towers built by then, so we can expect activity in this area of Midtown for the next 4.5 years?

I'm not sure.  I reached out to Caydon to see if I could find anything more about the other two towers.  My hunch is that we won't know anything more until the first tower is complete or nears completion, at which point they may move onto other construction.  

3 hours ago, CREguy13 said:

With the work schedule ending October 2022, I assume they're planning to have all 3 towers built by then, so we can expect activity in this area of Midtown for the next 4.5 years?

I've been saying the next 5 years will change this city. Can't wait to see what Houston is like by then. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2018 at 1:10 PM, Urbannizer said:

https://www.bisnow.com/houston/news/construction-development/550-concrete-trucks-move-into-midtown-for-caydon-high-rise-foundation-pour-84265

EDIT: Renderings removed at the demand of Large arts in Collingwood, Australia.  —Editor

We should see this project progressing upward by this summer perhaps??

• Like 2

This building, being of modest height, will appear much taller I think due to it being the only high rise in the area and it being relatively close to the freeway. I think it'll be a more dramatic impact on the area than other buildings of similar height elsewhere such as the Galleria or Med Center.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, wxman said:

This building, being of modest height, will appear much taller I think due to it being the only high rise in the area and it being relatively close to the freeway. I think it'll be a more dramatic impact on the area than other buildings of similar height elsewhere such as the Galleria or Med Center.

We won't get to see it on 59 after they bury the freeway :.(