Drewery Place: Multifamily High-Rise At 2850 Fannin St.

Urbannizer

We should have a museum of graffiti art in this city. Give it a modest budget to remove and transport walls from buildings being demo'd and it would have a pretty good collection within a year. We may never compete with the New Yorks and the Chicagos of the world for Old Masters paintings, but when it comes to graffiti, I think Houston could take on anyone.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, KinkaidAlum said:

Melbourne's CBD has these awesome alleyways/corridors that are lined with graffiti from block-to-block. Some of them have food windows in the dead space. It's really cool to see these tiny spaces between mega buildings. 

I have a friend in Melbourne that was showing me around a couple weeks ago.  She was explaining to me how they have a permitting system for graffiti, which is pretty interesting.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2016 at 6:38 AM, Urbannizer said:

Midtown needs more highrise projects tall structures creates a sense of place.This is good news for midtown,I hope its built. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, wxman said:

I don't understand why every new apartment tower looks the same. It's sort of annoying. There's nothing that makes this stand out at all. Very boring.

Because most of these designs are coming from Gensler Ziegler Cooper.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Twinsanity02 said:

I suppose the Carter is not in midtown? Museum district, Montrose, where exactly is the Carter labeled to be located? Love the drawings.

I considered it to be in the Museum District since it is south of 59, but their website list it as being in Montrose.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, H-Town Man said:

I guess "hopes to start later this year" means they won't be building into a downturn, economics be damned, like the developer's early comments seemed to suggest. Economic reality is economic reality. Gotta absorb those existing and under construction units.

So the midtown apartment glut you've been telling us about will be absorbed by later this year?  It looks to me like "hopes to start later this year" is actually more an indication that he does do exactly what he said, to-wit:  Proceed with projects without regard to business cycles (and the fact he's proceeded this far rather proves the truth of his comment too.)

• Like 1