Drewery Place: Multifamily High-Rise At 2850 Fannin St.

Urbannizer

4 hours ago, samagon said:

apologies then.

Your logic is still flawed: (rise, post, 2222 smith, camden midtown, etc) some of the largest developments in midtown up until recently are all within your radius of the freeway in midtown. 

I'd be happy to continue the discussion in another thread, just let me know where.

No samagon, you've convinced me. Having an elevated freeway like the Pierce has no influence on the real estate potential of nearby blocks, as evidenced by Post Midtown Square, Camden Midtown, etc.

3 hours ago, BigFootsSocks said:

I wasn't so much addressing Mr. Russo as I was addressing what Htown Man said; though by "putting words in his mouth" I assume you mean "smart enough to analyze what Mr. Russo said and why he said it I that specific way"? 

Umm, all I said was "Here's another article. I'm starting to like this guy." The rest was a quote from the article.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigFootsSocks said:

Who knows mate

ahhhhh u get it?

Yeah, I get it.  Quite well.  I get that you have been spinning a web of untruths on this topic from the beginning. 

Let's play the tape:

He said very simply that he doesn't want to have to rely on up cycles to be able to trade.  That's all he said.  He did not (nor did H-Town Man) say any of the other words you attempted to put in his mouth.

You claimed he would have said such things (including things he didn't actually say) in order to appease investors.  When it was pointed out he doesn't have investors, you changed the alleged motivation to the fact that he's entering a new market and would say such things in order to sound abrasive to drum up interest in his new project, apparently ignorant of the fact that the quote was made not to a Houston journalist, but to a local Australian journalist regarding Australian projects... in September 2013.

Almost every word you've said about this matter has been incorrect.

3 hours ago, H-Town Man said:

Umm, all I said was "Here's another article. I'm starting to like this guy." The rest was a quote from the article.

Yeah I know, and all I wrote was a comment on what you said, asserting my suspicions to his (Russo's) statement that he doesn't take note of cycles and can sell in a market whether it's good or bad. I wasn't assaulting your comments like Houston19514 thinks I've been doing, so I guess I'm sorry (spoiler; I'm not) 

he took it that way? 

50 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

Yeah, I get it.  Quite well.  I get that you have been spinning a web of untruths on this topic from the beginning. 

Let's play the tape:

He said very simply that he doesn't want to have to rely on up cycles to be able to trade.  That's all he said.  He did not (nor did H-Town Man) say any of the other words you attempted to put in his mouth.

You claimed he would have said such things (including things he didn't actually say) in order to appease investors.  When it was pointed out he doesn't have investors, you changed the alleged motivation to the fact that he's entering a new market and would say such things in order to sound abrasive to drum up interest in his new project, apparently ignorant of the fact that the quote was made not to a Houston journalist, but to a local Australian journalist regarding Australian projects... in September 2013.

Almost every word you've said about this matter has been incorrect.

I'm not gonna address your first paragraph because it's such a wildly inaccurate accusation.

As for the 2nd half of your tirade, see what I wrote above. Fine, so he doesn't have investors, he's still the CEO of a billion dollar business; I'm not "putting words in his mouth" like you think I am, because I'm at least intelligent enough to deconstruct what he's saying, which I've already explained above, rather than take everything at face value. The fact that it was to an Australian publication rather than a Houston publication has no impact on what I'm saying. He's a business man, and like many other people who are in the upper-management levels of a major company, speaks in grandiose and "flashy " rhetoric to promote his business. That's how the corporate world works, and if you can't understand that just look up the many various websites of architectural or major development firms. It's all the same rhetoric and is taken from the same dichotomy. Whether he said it in 2013 or now doesn't matter; he can't get his business to the point it's at by ignoring basic economic trends because that's so utterly illogical it's impossible for a man and a company of his stature.

I dont care care if you agree with me or not, but what you and I have said today are neither incorrect or wrong, they're our opinions. (Oh look I can italicize words to make my comment seem so dramatic. :rolleyes:) You're trying to argue semantics with me and it's utterly pointless because no one "wins" and no one else here cares. 

Edited by BigFootsSocks

On 5/3/2016 at 9:14 PM, Montrose1100 said:

600 units on one of those blocks with a Piazza? Over exaggeration of the word or a very tall tower. 

From the article:

He has also bought a second site across the road that will hold more than 600 apartments, with plans including shops and a piazza.

A site with 600 apartments, shops and a "piazza" sounds a lot like the superblock (albeit off on the number of apartments).

I'm guessing the interviewer heard that he bought a second site, and that across the road is a site that will hold 600 apartments, shops and a piazza, and mistakenly conflated the two.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://www.chron.com/business/real-estate/article/Caydon-planning-Midtown-apartment-development-8506248.php

There's a shout out to SkyScraperPage and Urbannizer via the links below at the end of the article.

"Caydon could not be reached immediately for more details, but this local real estate forum suggests the sites are along Main Street across from the Superblock."

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DrLan34 said:

http://www.chron.com/business/real-estate/article/Caydon-planning-Midtown-apartment-development-8506248.php

There's a shout out to SkyScraperPage and Urbannizer via the links below at the end of the article.

"Caydon could not be reached immediately for more details, but this local real estate forum suggests the sites are along Main Street across from the Superblock."

Skyscraperpage, wtf. Nancy you know you read HAIF, don't try to kid around and throw everyone off with a different source. Nancy... come on....

• Like 1

This Australian developer purchased the land to build 1,000 units there. Now we have details that their first tower will have 380 units. So basically that leaves 620 units for their future phases after their first tower is complete. Initially the reports seemed to lean towards 2 towers overall, but if there is 620 units to still build out after the first tower, that makes me think that their future development will be 1) multiple towers to split the remaining 620 units with or 2) a very tall and imposing tower that can hold 620 units. 

This project is exciting, especially because its in Midtown. I've been spending a lot of time in Midtown recently, wow, its so different than 5 years ago. So much construction everywhere in Midtown. A lot of cranes along Main Street. This will be great. 

Long live this developer!

• Like 9

On July 28, 2016 at 2:33 PM, DrLan34 said:

Hmmm... the opening paragraph says construction will start in January and then it quotes the developer as saying construction will commence in November...

7 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

Hmmm... the opening paragraph says construction will start in January and then it quotes the developer as saying construction will commence in November...

the developer must be on Australian time...

8 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

November was the start time the developer mentioned in an article published in March.  January is the updated start time, as stated in the July publication.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MarathonMan said:

November was the start time the developer mentioned in an article published in March.  January is the updated start time, as stated in the July publication.

Link to the March article?

In any case, another example of sloppy journalism from the Chron.

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, MarathonMan said:

1 hour ago, MarathonMan said:

FWIW, that March newsletter never mentions a November start.  It says "later this year."

2 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

FWIW, that March newsletter never mentions a November start.  It says "later this year."

I don't really care to quibble over semantics.  There was a publication that specifically mentioned a November start date, but after a quick search I couldn't find it.  But, yes, technically you are correct.  It doesn't mention November in the link I posted.

• 3 weeks later...

There have been cars parked at the site for the past week or two, but I didn't think too much of it.  Went by today and there is some sort of ventilation system running as well as signs warning that asbestos is present.  Looks like they've either started or are preparing to start the abatement process... which would be a good sign that something is moving forward. A little sad though to lose this quirky graffiti enclave.

• Like 8