Drewery Place: Multifamily High-Rise At 2850 Fannin St.

Urbannizer

1 minute ago, houstontexasjack said:

FIRE?!?

Heard sirens and saw the above posted on COH site.
They've been working on this building today, and it's the only highrise at that intersection.
Haven't seen anything online or on TV.
No visible smoke (from 4-5 blocks away)....

Same thing happened on The Post Oak one day. All the workers had a stand down and gathered in the parking lot and the HFD did something out of my view. No visible smoke. My guess was a small fire from equipment and that is just the standard procedure until an all clear is given. My guess is the same for this one. Treat it like you would any fire but was probably something small and workers are not supposed to attempted put anything out for the most part.

That's a cool photo.  

10 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

Is there a website for this development yet?

There's the general Caydon Properties website referencing this project, but nothing yet that provides floor plans or leasing information.  Given the progress on the project, I'd hoped we might have something by now.

I was in the art store next door yesterday and they said that they had to be out by the 31st. So, when do you think demolition and the new foundation will start for tower 2? My guess is that they'll want to do it as quickly as possible to maintain the construction economies of being established next door. No idle time could mean serious cost savings.

• Like 3

On 12/22/2018 at 11:13 AM, Brooklyn173 said:

I was in the art store next door yesterday and they said that they had to be out by the 31st. So, when do you think demolition and the new foundation will start for tower 2? My guess is that they'll want to do it as quickly as possible to maintain the construction economies of being established next door. No idle time could mean serious cost savings.

A couple of months ago I heard that The District construction was delayed.  I don’t know for sure, but it seemed like it was going to be a late 2019 start.  It wasn’t confirmed, though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://caydonproperty.com/us/properties/main-st-mid-town-houston

2850 Main, the current tower under construction, will have 357 units.  2711 Main (presumably The District I & II), according to the Caydon website, will have 1000+ condos.  That’s almost three times the size of 2850 Main.  Should Caydon deliver on its plan, 2711 Main will absolutely set a new standard for Houston!  I did hear that there was a construction delay, so I’m holding my breath until they start digging.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MarathonMan said:

https://caydonproperty.com/us/properties/main-st-mid-town-houston

2850 Main, the current tower under construction, will have 357 units.  2711 Main (presumably The District I & II), according to the Caydon website, will have 1000+ condos.  That’s almost three times the size of 2850 Main.  Should Caydon deliver on its plan, 2711 Main will absolutely set a new standard for Houston!  I did hear that there was a construction delay, so I’m holding my breath until they start digging.

Highrise condos in midtown.  Wow!

Excuse me, but now I need to go and find Lucifer.  I need him to get me some ice for my drink!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...