Urbannizer

Australian Developer Planning Five High-Rises for Midtown

On 10/7/2018 at 11:30 PM, rechlin said:

View from above this afternoon (click to view it at the proper aspect ratio; I don't know why this site is stretching it now):

https://i.imgur.com/pW2uBiJ.jpg

Diggin the new Rechlin cam!!

Every time there is a post in this thread I hope it is an update on the other two towers. I love how quickly this project got moving and is being built. I have full faith in this developer.

Think about the level of density the city will have from the TMC to Downtown if the city approves no parking minimums for Midtown and Eado! The area is already rather dense as it is having that restriction. 

5 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Think about the level of density the city will have from the TMC to Downtown if the city approves no parking minimums for Midtown and Eado! The area is already rather dense as it is having that restriction. 

Does the city have that on the agenda to vote on?

5 minutes ago, Mattie said:

Does the city have that on the agenda to vote on?

Not sure, where can I find the city agenda? I was told the 11th of this month.

Edited by j_cuevas713

On 10/9/2018 at 9:43 AM, j_cuevas713 said:

The Red line is going to be even more popular. It's a shame TMC is not on the same axis as the Blue line. That intersection (red and blue if it crossed in TMC) would be something. 

I still think McGowan is going to need done transportation upgrades very soon

3 minutes ago, HoustonIsHome said:

The Red line is going to be even more popular. It's a shame TMC is not on the same axis as the Blue line. That intersection (red and blue if it crossed in TMC) would be something. 

I still think McGowan is going to need done transportation upgrades very soon

I honestly thing the next step is making Richmond a BRT line. I think BRT can make huge gains in this city. And what's better is its cheap and easily convertible to rail.

18 minutes ago, j_cuevas713 said:

I honestly thing the next step is making Richmond a BRT line. I think BRT can make huge gains in this city. And what's better is its cheap and easily convertible to rail.

That's the current plan for the blue line, since there's no funding to make it a full light rail line

2 minutes ago, cspwal said:

That's the current plan for the blue line, since there's no funding to make it a full light rail line

I'm curious where you saw that info? I remember you mentioning it on another post.

I haven't been able to get a good floor count. Are they working on the 23rd floor now and is this going to be 28 floors still?

Thanks for an update.

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2018/10/17/first-look-tour-interiors-of-caydons-apartment.html#g/444061/1

By late 2019, the developer will break ground on its mixed-use project that, along with the residential high-rise, will span about three city blocks when complete.

The Australian developer is eyeing the Museum District, Montrose and Midtown for future projects.

Renderings on first page.

1 minute ago, Urbannizer said:

Something is wrong with the link Urb. Try it again... this one just sends me back to this page (if its something on my end I will delete this post).

12 minutes ago, Avossos said:

Something is wrong with the link Urb. Try it again... this one just sends me back to this page (if its something on my end I will delete this post).

Hm that was odd. I deleted the link and pasted it again, seems to be working now.

I'm noticing this building more and more as it gets taller. Great addition to our city!

Big ups to Caydon

The trees in Rechlin's pic make this area look more aged and beautiful. Love it.

But can we have one street downtown lined with beautiful flowering non natives. 

I vote for Jatropha trees. Mine survived last winters harsh cold. And it's covered in red flowers almost every day. Thryallis are always covered in flowers too.

The Australia-based company also shared plans to lease one of the ground-level retail spots to a non-Texas based company. Four or five tenants will occupy the 13K SF space.

"We are in the process of being very specific in who we target," Caydon Chief Operations Officer Derrek LeRouax said. "We don't, as most other developers would, take the first people that come through the door with the highest dollar. We look at it from a perspective of being able to help balance the community."

Read more at: https://www.bisnow.com/houston/news/multifamily/caydon-reveals-model-apartment-for-midtown-high-rise-94056?utm_source=CopyShare&utm_medium=Browser

9 minutes ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

Wahlburgers may open its Houston location at The Midtown by Caydon. I read in another online forum this is where it may open.

Maybe off topic but I noticed the lot north of Camden McGowen no longer is advertising that it needs a restaurant lessee. Was wondering if that might be the WB location.

It appears that Flying Biscuit has announced that they are commencing build out? Is the building really that far along?

www.facebook.com/flyingbiscuitcafemidtownhouston/posts/539704269788432

Image may contain: 6 people, people smiling, people standing and outdoor

This developer doesn't waste time! I think they're on the 25th floor already. 

So is that two more to go?

Web page is up for the next phase:

https://caydonproperty.com/us/properties/main-st-mid-town-houston

2711 Main St

• 1000+ condominiums and retail

Vibrant, cosmopolitan and coming soon… the next phase of Caydon’s development in Midtown is about to become a true destination for Houston. Only half a mile from Downtown, right in the heart of Midtown and connected to everything. You’ll soon discover an innovative epicenter with METRORail, Texas Medical Center and life’s must-haves on your doorstep.

The world’s most liveable city 7 years in a row, Melbourne Australia, is home to vibrant laneways, leading you to hidden treasures, well kept secrets and revealing the city’s soul. Midtown is fast becoming the cosmopolitan center of Houston, and is the ideal setting for Melbourne-style urban rejuvenation. Caydon’s vision for the site is becoming reality with retail, restaurant, apartment, condo and hotel buildings.

Designed by Caydon Architecture and Design the statement buildings will include living options to suit everyone. Studio, one and two-bedroom units with contemporary-style interiors and magnificent views will be an exciting place to call home.

1 hour ago, Naviguessor said:

Condominiums?  Hope so.  

From the website: 

1000+ condominiums and retail
The height of the proposed next phase isn't mentioned. Anyone know how many stories a 1,000 unit condo building might require?

36 minutes ago, dbigtex56 said:

From the website: 

1000+ condominiums and retail
The height of the proposed next phase isn't mentioned. Anyone know how many stories a 1,000 unit condo building might require?

I know this would never be apples to apples,  but the Ivy Lofts project that didn't work out that used "micro units" was 550 units in 28 stories. The tower was only on half of the lot (other half was a parking deck). No idea on lot size differences.