Billboard Roof Building

This building has been here for a while but as the last Google Maps update, something peculiar and colorful appeared on a building near Schweikhardt Street. It looks like someone just collected a bunch of old billboards and layered them on a roof. You can clearly see a promotion for a new H-E-B opening, a gun show, and another that says "Applied & Denied?" with a phone number listed.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Clinton+Dr+%26+Emile+St,+Houston,+TX+77020/@29.7663359,-95.3233658,221m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x8640beb0e4463d51:0x4888e9720e8e3626

I sure hope this has an interesting story behind it...

Are you talking about The Silo? This is an art facility of sorts... knicknamed "The Art Car Graveyard", its got a lot of crazy events going on there. I cant confirm what you mean but i can tell the roof has become more colorful. Post a pic.

On 5/2/2016 at 4:14 PM, Mr.Clean19 said:

Are you talking about The Silo? This is an art facility of sorts... knicknamed "The Art Car Graveyard", its got a lot of crazy events going on there. I cant confirm what you mean but i can tell the roof has become more colorful. Post a pic.

It should be visible on Google Maps (turn off the Earth layer to see it) but it would seem that yes, it is the same building. Seems like it once was part of a larger complex (back when it had more than a third of a roof at all) that connected to a now-gone structure on the south side of the tracks.

• The title was changed to Billboard Roof Building

Archived