Shell Selling 21-Acres On Greenbriar Dr. & Old Spanish Trl.

OkieEric

Saw this article in the chron this morning -

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/columnists/sarnoff/article/As-far-as-land-goes-large-tract-near-Medical-7252410.php

Does anyone know where to find the marketing materials?  I checked out the Cushman & Wakefield website but couldn't locate it.  

It's not quite as close to TMC3 as Nancy seems to think (I think she's looking at the wrong parking lot), but still relatively close

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

There's a thread on this already. Mods please merge:

This is actually a separate topic - this parcel of land is unrelated to TMC3, it's just in the same area of town.  At this point it's just a large piece of land for sale

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

A "Notice of Termination of Protective Covenants" was recorded by Shell on this property with Harris County Clerk yesterday and signed by a Shell manager of deals & projects.  Not sure what this means but hopefully something is imminent

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Pg 11

http://hcad.org/assets/uploads/pdf/2019_Market_Trends_All_Divisions.pdf

Shell Oil has sold a former information center that occupies 21 acres at Old Spanish Trail and Greenbriar Drive. No plans have been verified yet, but it is rumored the property is to be cleared with the exception of the parking garage and redeveloped as mixed-use multi-family residential. Shell vacated the property 2-3 years ago.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Image provided in the original posting article.

Dy0dRIs.jpg

Looks like TMC leased a building, or land, for a decade.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/looped-in/

TMC President and CEO Bill McKeon discusses the TMC3 project -- and its potential hurdles -- with the Chronicle's Nancy Sarnoff on the latest episode of Looped In.

We also have leased land where the old Shell building used to be. That building, we leased out for the next decade.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, hindesky said:

Appears to me the it will be demolished. Who would want this hulking Brutalist building? Might be perfect for a Russian Troll farm?

I like it.

we aren’t going to see any more of these built. Would look good cleaned up.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Toopicky said:

Sad to see this once "mystery" building go. I've been inside and it was not as bad as many on here have opined. I know many do not like Brutalist architecture, but there aren't that many examples in Houston where it really worked ....I mean, really, The Alley Theater is ghastly!

I liked this building... I am sad to see it go.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, hindesky said:

I wonder why they wouldn't simply implode it? Seems it would be so much faster.

Glad I'm not the only one wondering...that wrecking ball seems ridiculously tiny.  Maybe this is a needed step before imploding?  I can't imagine them knocking down the entire thing this way...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hindesky said:

I wonder why they wouldn't simply implode it? Seems it would be so much faster.

1 hour ago, OkieEric said:

Glad I'm not the only one wondering...that wrecking ball seems ridiculously tiny.  Maybe this is a needed step before imploding?  I can't imagine them knocking down the entire thing this way...

Brutalist buildings seem to require demolition with a ball. I wonder if the amount and thickness of the concrete makes implosion impractical. The old Exxon campus on Dacoma was taken down with a ball and excavators, and some of the concrete looked many feet thick.

• Like 2