Sylvester Turner Houston Mayor

Blue Dogs

Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner (D) unveiled the preliminary General Fund budget, his office said this would close a $160 million budget gap that his predecessor, former Mayor Annise Parker (D) left him when he took office on January 4th!

http://abc13.com/news/mayor-turners-budget-plan-includes-job-cuts/1292967/

Thoughts on Turner's budgeting plans ?

"It may push some of our projects back a year or two, but it's worth it to help solve the problems," said Ryan Leach of the TIRZ. Leach says the fund contributions may delay a planned park for the southern edge of downtown, but would not affect any of the group's plans for Super Bowl.

7 hours ago, cspwal said:

No park for south downtown?  But it could take the pressure of discovery green for the superbowl events

Meanwhile, Wayne Dolcefino is BITTER at Turner over the recent flooding this week!

2 hours ago, ArchFan said:

This is strange.  Does Wayne D. have some sort of grudge against Sylvester that he can't let go of?

Is that a rhetorical question? Or are you unfamiliar with the relationship between those 2?

Well, I know that Wayne did a sort of expose of Sylvester years ago when he made a run for mayor.  Of course.  I see to recall that S sued and W lost.  In any case, I wonder why all the bad blood.  Is S such a bad guy, or is W the bad guy?  I am open to being educated on this, I'm not a generally ignorant person nor someone who disrespects you views on this.  I just want to understand. 

On a more general note, I don't have an opinion yet on ST as a mayor.  However, as a native Houstonian who has been around for a while, I must admit that I've seen lots of local politicians who seem to be dedicated to lining their own pockets or those of their cronies.  I don't know if ST is of that ilk, but I hope not.  However, that doesn't mean that I assume that members of the local media are little angels, either. 

• The title was changed to Sylvester Turner Houston Mayor

Archived