92.5 FM

mrtejano

14 hours ago, Anonymouse said:

I went bowling today!

That's funner than you guys' days. :P

Really?? :huh: You told me once upon a time that you are blind. That's certainly not something to be fraudulent about, Mouse, and here I took you at face value on the disability. Not so funny now, eh? Smh. You just never know who's paying real attention to every word that's posted.

Filio: your response to mrtejano is well beneath you. No call for it whatsoever. Not everyone is as well versed at posting on a radio message board as you and me. I've enjoyed and appreciated most of your contributions over all the years at radio-info, the Streamline board, and here at the HAIF. This is not an example of one of those. A man of your age and stature should know better than to respond like a 15 year old high school student. For shame, and I am flabbergasted that actually came from you. I, for one, have lost a measure of respect for you by responding to him as such. He's a kid. If you want to pick on someone, try someone your own age, like me. I believe you already know, I can certainly hold my own.

Perhaps I shouldn't say this, and this goes out to everyone reading, not anyone in particular, but if you don't have anything constructive or contributing to say regarding Houston radio, take yourself on back to an area like the transportation and traffic board where you can haggle with each other over the endless, and mostly ridiculous, arguments that are going back and forth in that area of the site.

This area has just as much merit to some of us as that area has to some of you, and doubtfully was created to permit ridicule when someone like Blue Dogs or mrtejano attempt to make a contribution within it. Something tells me those of you that do it, wouldn't have the cajones to do it if you were standing eye to eye with one of those gentlemen.

Mrtejano, I'm sorry you were subjected to that nonsense. Some folks here apparently have no class. Your LPFM was likely KZCV-LP Baytown blowing in towards Uvalde Rd due to the weather. It has no license to cover and may very well be testing. It was granted a construction permit in January. As Joe said, it's only a guess. There are several operations attempting to use the frequency around Houston.

http://fccdata.org/?facid=&call=kzcv&ccode=1&city=&state=&country=US&arn=&party=&party_type=LICEN

I owe you an apology, Mouse, and I'm embarrassed that I jumped the gun on you. I fully realize now that I'm just ignorant, as I hadn't even realized that a blind person COULD go bowling. What a fool I am, and that was very inconsiderate on my part. I sincerely ask for your forgiveness and that you'll accept my apology for even bringing your disability to light.

The last few weeks have been extremely crappy for me (for lack of a better description), and reading how mrtejano was engaged kind of set me off into a tangent. I just snapped and let it out, and I don't really fully grasp why my fuse is shortening more and more as the days go by. As you know, I haven't really been the same since I lost Angie to that damned accident, and the old saying that time heals everything just does not ring true. I swear to God, I just don't understand why it wasn't me instead.

Mrtejano took undeserved grief at the Streamline board on several occasions, only because he doesn't know as much about certain subjects that those of us like you, me, stan, Filio, and Joe do, and doesn't always phrase his questions in the most fluent way. So be it; that his penmanship isn't on the level as other contributors, doesn't mean he has to bear the brunt of the obvious "what are you, stupid?" response that he's been put through on several occasions over the years. I guess I'm stupid too, because as old as I am, and with the type of work I do, which includes daily communications with our guests and corporate managers higher up the corporate ladder than my own self, I still haven't learned to this day where a damn comma really and truly belongs within a proper sentence, and some people even say that I weirdly structure my sentences altogether. Thankfully, I do well enough to still make my points, and most people can follow my train of thought with little mental strain on their part.

I always expected the juvenile responses toward each other over there at the other site, because of the handful of knuckleheads involved, but not in this community. I hold the HAIF site to a higher standard, as I have found the people involved here to be of a higher character quality, and higher level of maturity since I became involved. To read the "and???" comment in response to mrtejano from an individual that I personally know has a long and distinguished career within the radio medium in this market was appalling to me. After a day of reflection, perhaps I jumped the gun there too, but I for one am a big enough radio geek that I want to know if and when these little LPFM's and hopping translators come on the air. I know you share that personal desire to know all of that same information, as do several others that made the decision to follow the trail to this new and superior watering hole, covering Houston radio. One of those individuals is mrtejano, and he sacrificed his membership over there to follow me here.

What kind of person would that make me if I just turned my back on the young man, when he thought enough of me to "chunk the deuce" at ol' Frank and get himself banished only because he said the only reason he even went over there was to read my posts. That's an honor to me that he thinks that highly of what I write. I'm just as honored that you are here now, as well as my Golden Triangle friend & neighbor stan. I certainly don't take the fact that you guys made the move here lightly.

I'm sure there are HAIFers that read some of this radio crap and think "who in their right mind cares?" and I respect that stance, because that's exactly how I feel about various other portions of this site. The difference is that I don't involve myself into those conversations of turning the Pierce Elevated into a damn above ground park, or jumping on the bandwagon against John Culberson because Richmond Avenue doesn't have a rail line as I have the respect for my fellow participants to just stay silent regarding these subjects, because to me, both subjects absolutely encompass the definition of "who cares". I can only ask that those participants who don't care about the radio dial in this City (or Beaumont, or San Antonio) would just allow those of us that do, to do so without their smartalecky contributions. We're all grown folks here, and we're all just different types of nerds, geeks, dweebs, and spazoids that gather in a common online community called the HAIF to discuss the subjects we enjoy the most. This site encompasses all things related to Houston, and the radio and TV dials are two of those subjects. Please, allow us radio nerds the opportunity to do our part to help grow the whole of the site, and make the HAIF an even more enjoyable place to learn about everything that this great City has to offer.

Again, I'm sorry Mouse. I let my misfiring emotions outrun my brain, and that just wasn't right. 

Thanks, Mouse. I should be counting my blessings as it could have been much worse. Neither house got water inside, and I was really fretting about the one in Bellville, since I'm not typically there. Even the barn stayed dry, so both the real "purpledevil" and the green truck are A-Ok. I'm extremely thankful. Some 15 inches fell up there at the house. You really need a tractor to go back in the property. The ground is absolute mush. Most everything looks like a lake up there, and I bet you that has something to do with KYND being off the air since the flood. Would not surprise me if it didn't get flooded out. Worst flooding I've personally seen up there in many, many years.

Archived