The Amazing Race

westguy

Did anyone else see the finale on Tuesday? First of all, I'm so glad the team I was pulling for won, and second, it was pretty cool that the last leg of the race was in Dallas. The teams first went to the Fort Worth Stockyards and did the maze, and then drove through horrible Dallas traffic (I guess they were on I-35 at some point because I saw them pass the Infomart). They finished the race in Trammel Crow Park (yeah, I've never heard of it, but it seems to have a decent enough view of the Dallas skyline). It would be great if they passed through Houston some day. I wish I could know about it if they did.

Obnoxious is putting it lightly. Colin was taped while saying "We have to beat the midget!" He apparently tripped another one of the contestants at the beginning of the race. Christie had that shaky, shrill voice that she used to berate Colin during the ox incident. Neither could handle defeat graciously.

OTOH, Chip and Kim worked pretty well together - neither could stay mad at the other for more than two minutes. Kim's speech on the finish mat was very classy - she talked about her love of the race and the people who raced along side them. If Colin & Christie won, I am sure they would've been self-congratulatory and they would've mentioned the money. Neither could really appreciate the locals they met along the way or treat any of them well.

I'm so glad that, for once, people who are honest and fair actually won the race.

• 1 year later...

For all of you not familiar with the show, The Amazing Race is a CBS reality show where 11 teams of 2 related people race around the world for a chance to win 1 million dollars. I was surprised that I never saw this show being mention in this forum especialy last year when the winners where from Houston Uchenna & Joyce.

Well this show is on its 8th season and I really liked the previos 7 but this season is a "Family Edition" wich in my opinion SUX I saw the 1st 2 episodes didn't like it at all. Do any of you fell the same way?

Yes, I agree this season is much worse than any other. I think the biggest problem though is that they aren't leaving the continent. One of the best things about that show is seeing the world and how the teams react when navigating it. I think the family move was also a bad idea but I think it would still be better if they actually crossed a border.

What about Phil too? Can't we get a good host already? What about Mark Walberg (not the New Kid, the other one).

I should've explained better. Not Marky Mark, I'm talking about the guy who hosted "Temptation Island" and the Houston show "House Rules." He's a lot like Jeff Probst from Survivor but a little more cool, in my opinion.

I think he's currently hosting "The Mansion" on TBS.

marklwalberg.jpg

Well, they have finally left N. America, with a little jaunt to Panama....

Like other have said, the previous seasons were very good, but this one is horrible. Too many people to keep up with, too much of being in the same place for too long, and very little originality on the part of the players and the producers (i.e, putting on all your clothes when you have reason to believe you will come in last on a non-elimination leg....yawn, its already been done before, and using the same lines as prior contestants when you are dressing up makes you look even more lame; having to bungy-jump to win a fast-forward...yawn, the whole "I'm afraid of heights" has been played to death already..).

If they really wanted to make it a real race, they should run it in a place where english isn't widely spoken. Having to deal with language barriers makes the whole show much more enjoyable, and goes a long way towards separating out the good travelers from the merely lucky.

• 2 years later...

Okay, double post, this one might be better, since it does not have the subtitle "Season 8" on it, which was I believe the worst season, (Family Edition!)

Anyways, a bump post for this one.

Season 14 application is up.

Anyone trying out? I am!

Due 5/28/08!

Can we merge these together.

Just don't have the season 8 subtitle in it.

Okay, double post, this one might be better, since it does not have the subtitle "Season 8" on it, which was I believe the worst season, (Family Edition!)

Anyways, a bump post for this one.

Season 14 application is up.

Anyone trying out? I am!

Due 5/28/08!

Can we merge these together.

Just don't have the season 8 subtitle in it.

Okay, make up your mind on which thread you want.

Going to blog through the process?

Okay, make up your mind on which thread you want.

Going to blog through the process?

Well after 5 videos, I don't know what they want, obviously I am just not going to give up until they cancelled the show or I can walk anymore.

But I will upload the video when I am done making it, likely next weekend.

I will try to upload the olders ones too, they are cheesy as heck.

I also sent a request to the moderators merge the threads, sorry about the double post.

Well after 5 videos, I don't know what they want, obviously I am just not going to give up until they cancelled the show or I can walk anymore.

I also sent a request to the moderators merge the threads, sorry about the double post.

Just mention "If I can handle The Katrina people, I can handle anything!"

Eh. You can handle them. Just show them an employment form and they'll run.

:unsure: let's not digress, I can see this turning into a "Katrina Refugee in Houston" flame war.

You know better Ricco67.

Who else is trying out for the Amazing Race.

• 9 months later...

I never managed to apply for the last one, but Season 15 application and eligibility are up.

Due by February 17th, 2009

So, again, it would be my 6th time, if I can manage to find a partner. I have a few in mind, but have not asked them yet.

Anyone else doing it this year?

• 7 months later...

Archived