Nick Wright Out At KILT-AM Sports Radio 610

Blue Dogs

According to Craig Shelton of Houston Sports Online, looks like "In The Loop" morning co-host Nick Wright will be leaving KILT-AM Sports Radio 610 Houston on April 15th & will be heading to Los Angeles, CA for a new job with Fox Sports!

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2016/03/28/the-best-of-the-worst-of-in-the-loop-339/

http://player.radio.com/listen/station/sportsradio-610

Reaction of Wright leaving KILT-AM Sports Radio 610 ?

Do we have too many sports stations in Houston? I can see a need for each of the pro teams (Dynamo, Texans, Astros and Rockets) needing a broadcast outlet and the colleges (UH and Rice) but are too many stations diluting listeners?

23 hours ago, Purpledevil said:

If only he'd take John Lopez with him, or at least drop him off in San Antonio on his way down I-10.

Something tells me that the most common reaction you're likely to receive is "who cares?", Blue Dogs.

Interesting to see if Jim Mudd replaces Wright on the show!

6 hours ago, stan said:

Do we have too many sports stations in Houston? I can see a need for each of the pro teams (Dynamo, Texans, Astros and Rockets) needing a broadcast outlet and the colleges (UH and Rice) but are too many stations diluting listeners?

Yes. God, yes.

KILT and KBME are doing alright, no arguments there. KGOW is a damn wasteland, and an absolute waste of the money Gow spent to upgrade the hell out of it back in '07. Then there's KFNC, which I have no qualms with, but that's the wrong facility for FM sports, given the signal limitations here in Houston. Lest we forget the third Sports outlet coming from West Alabama, 1180 KGOL. In what universe are Spanish dominant listeners tuning in to hear national talk shows about American football and basketball? Or NASCAR?? I mean, I could see it if KGOL were to carry soccer games, either Dynamo or from the Mexican leagues, the World Cup, Gold Cup, et al., but endless babbling about what trouble Blake Griffin has gotten himself into over in L.A.?

Puhleeze...I've tried KGOL from time to time, and find myself tuning out inside of 5 minutes. ESPN Deportes is as bad as trying to watch WWE in SAP. Not even worth attempting.

1 hour ago, Purpledevil said:

Yes. God, yes.

KILT and KBME are doing alright, no arguments there. KGOW is a damn wasteland, and an absolute waste of the money Gow spent to upgrade the hell out of it back in '07. Then there's KFNC, which I have no qualms with, but that's the wrong facility for FM sports, given the signal limitations here in Houston. Lest we forget the third Sports outlet coming from West Alabama, 1180 KGOL. In what universe are Spanish dominant listeners tuning in to hear national talk shows about American football and basketball? Or NASCAR?? I mean, I could see it if KGOL were to carry soccer games, either Dynamo or from the Mexican leagues, the World Cup, Gold Cup, et al., but endless babbling about what trouble Blake Griffin has gotten himself into over in L.A.?

Puhleeze...I've tried KGOL from time to time, and find myself tuning out inside of 5 minutes. ESPN Deportes is as bad as trying to watch WWE in SAP. Not even worth attempting.

Will we see any of the employees from KILT-AM Sports Radio 610 move to other Houston sports radio stations ?

2 hours ago, Blue Dogs said:

Will we see any of the employees from KILT-AM Sports Radio 610 move to other Houston sports radio stations ?

Well sure, at some point down the road. Like any format in radio, employment musical chairs is part of the game. Even Charlie Pallilo crossed the street at one point in his career.

1 hour ago, Purpledevil said:

Well sure, at some point down the road. Like any format in radio, employment musical chairs is part of the game. Even Charlie Pallilo crossed the street at one point in his career.

Now wonder why Josh Innes, Brien Straw, Marc Vandermeer, etc., bailed from KILT-AM Sports Radio 610 in droves! I know I would if I were them!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 0:57 PM, bobruss said:

Wish John Lopez would leave also. He's so juvenile and predictable. Stale as an old Cigar. I quit listening to in the Loop  months ago. 

Highly unlikely Bob. Lopez appears to be sticking around at KILT-AM Sports Radio 610 Houston!

• The title was changed to Nick Wright Out At KILT-AM Sports Radio 610

Archived