Sign in to follow this  
cosmic08

Westheimer & Montrose (900 Westheimer)

What's being built right by the smoothie king off the corner of Westheimer and Montrose? It about two stories. Steel framed. Across from Uchi. Been searching the forum for it but can't find it.

Merge if topic exists already. 

1 hour ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

Mods @Urbannizer @Triton @intencity77 @Subdude , can you please merge this topic with the one about the same property that's in the Montrose forum?

I have requested this three times already privately.

This discussion is about what's going on with the property, which is of the same topic in the Montrose forum below:

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/4257-500-block-of-westheimer/

How are the two related? Ruggles Grill was located at 903 Westheimer. 

I merged Ruggles Grill with the thread Gene linked as that is the correct location.

15 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

How are the two related?

They're not. 
The "500 Block of Westheimer" topic was started when construction of what was to become Indika began.It's a couple of blocks away and on the opposite side of the street.

• Like 1

And this intersection of Montrose and Westheimer shall now be known as the Burguda Triangle... FM Burgers, Shake Shack Burgers and The Burger Joint. 

🍔🍔

🍔

Edited by gene
  • Like 2

Wow

Isn’t that the same address as current HPD storefront?

this will be a big topic of discussion at  upcoming  Texas National Night Out next month.

No...just lost burgers...in my stomach...

hence BURguda triangle...

Edited by gene
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

FM Kitchen’s soon-to-open location at 907 Westheimer Rd in Montrose has gotten a little larger. The restaurant acquired an additional 1,100 square feet of adjacent space, which means the restaurant will now have 138 seats, an expansive patio, and a larger kitchen. “Montrose is the perfect neighborhood to expand how we think about FM as a concept,” FM Operating Partner Jason Mok says. “We’ll continue to showcase our strengths, but at the same time use this location as a springboard to be creative and bring fresh ideas to enhance our bar and food offerings, as well as the FM experience.” The new FM is scheduled to open in the fall.

• Like 1

wait a minute!? so that means that horrible unicorn dessert place closed!? wow! awesome.... 

3 hours ago, gene said:

wait a minute!? so that means that horrible unicorn dessert place closed!? wow! awesome.... 

Whoever told them that was a good business plan for Montrose is an idiot. I’d expect to see something like that at DisneyWorld or Times Square.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, clutchcity94 said:

Whoever told them that was a good business plan for Montrose is an idiot. I’d expect to see something like that at DisneyWorld or Times Square.

Tbf that place was always packed when I drove by. 

• Like 1

it was on and off busy when it was the ice cream shop, then jam packed when they added the unicorn them for awhile on saturdays and sundays especially....but then it became only mildly busy on the weekends. the rolled ice cream was good but the cookies and cake were horrible and overpriced in my opinion. and yes unfortunately i am an expert on sweets haha! 🥴

(honestly that area needed something like this just not this place... something more cool and not trendy for montrose )

Edited by gene
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, gene said:

it was on and off busy when it was the ice cream shop, then jam packed when they added the unicorn them for awhile on saturdays and sundays especially....but then it became only mildly busy on the weekends. the rolled ice cream was good but the cookies and cake were horrible and overpriced in my opinion. and yes unfortunately i am an expert on sweets haha! 🥴

(honestly that area needed something like this just not this place... something more cool and not trendy for montrose )

milk + sugar has the best ice cream in Montrose and Houston.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, clutchcity94 said:

milk + sugar has the best ice cream in Montrose and Houston.

amen to that! the BEST is their Hello Summer!!!!!!!!!!! it's so good that when they discontinued it last fall i begged them to keep it and call it Goodbye Summer! haha! 😋

6 minutes ago, gene said:

amen to that! the BEST is their Hello Summer!!!!!!!!!!! it's so good that when they discontinued it last fall i begged them to keep it and call it Goodbye Summer! haha! 😋

haha! I’m a big fan of their strawberry almond cheesecake

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, clutchcity94 said:

haha! I’m a big fan of their strawberry almond cheesecake

that is good but i asked them if they would lessen the almond flavor and they said no ;) but strawberry cheesecake ice cream is a favorite and honestly THE best for that is Cheesecake Factory Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream which i have found at both Target and Randalls. It seriously blows my mind! 

what in the heck what this topic about?!?! ha! 

oh yeah... 900 Montrose...