Citizens Of Montrose At 907 Westheimer Rd.

cosmic08

• 2 years later...

hear chef Ryan Hildrebrand & his architect speak about their plans to raze the 3 lots where Ruggles stood (Habitat for humanity was allowed to salvage any materials they sought) a variance was requested ---

as far as i understand 58 parking places on side and in back with a 27 foot set back from inside of curb.Planned opening next fall

From the architectural drawings the front of the bulding is angeled so part of it is further than 27 feet. There will be a 7 foot wide sidewalk plus vertical gardenson street facing wall and trees in the 27 feet from the curb with an open patio with greenery---the current Ruggles is built to the sidewalk--

The other set of drawings had the parking in front----yuck.

From the architectural drawings the front of the bulding is angeled so part of it is further than 27 feet. There will be a 7 foot wide sidewalk plus vertical gardenson street facing wall and trees in the 27 feet from the curb with an open patio with greenery---the current Ruggles is built to the sidewalk--

The other set of drawings had the parking in front----yuck.

The Avondale Board and Neartown are supporting the variance (parking in back)-- the amount of green space in the 27 foot set back exceeds COH requirement--

Brande is following the lead of Bobby Heugal and OKRA (Organized Kollaboration on Restaurant Affairs) in setting up bike racks as part of their parking (there are 58 propsed car spaces)

I wish we could see the drawings. A 27 foot set back on that part of Montrose sounds bad, even if it does have a garden in front. If it has outdoor seating its not as bad though I guess. I like the fact that there will be bike racks, but PLEASE NO CAR PARKING IN FRONT!

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't know where else to post this. But I didn't realize that Houston was getting a Crossroads consignment store! I love the resale shops on Westheimer. I was wondering when was this going to open and also, I looked it up on Google maps and it's showing an address of 3217 Montrose. Which is that building they're renovating next to the smoothie king.

image.png

• 9 months later...
On 2/12/2017 at 7:53 AM, HoustonMidtown said:

Anyone know what is being built in the old Ruggles location ?

actually this is something else apparently since Ruggles was 903 westheimer... but it wont let me edit out that attachment above...sorry! it MAY be what is replacing it but not sure since that 900 is an even number and this side of the street are odd numbers (Smoothie King is 913 Westheimer as an example) 

Edited by gene

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • The title was changed to Westheimer & Montrose (900 Westheimer)
1 hour ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

Mods @Urbannizer @Triton @intencity77 @Subdude , can you please merge this topic with the one about the same property that's in the Montrose forum?

I have requested this three times already privately.

This discussion is about what's going on with the property, which is of the same topic in the Montrose forum below:

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/4257-500-block-of-westheimer/

How are the two related? Ruggles Grill was located at 903 Westheimer. 

I merged Ruggles Grill with the thread Gene linked as that is the correct location.

15 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

How are the two related?

They're not. 
The "500 Block of Westheimer" topic was started when construction of what was to become Indika began.It's a couple of blocks away and on the opposite side of the street.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

FM Kitchen’s soon-to-open location at 907 Westheimer Rd in Montrose has gotten a little larger. The restaurant acquired an additional 1,100 square feet of adjacent space, which means the restaurant will now have 138 seats, an expansive patio, and a larger kitchen. “Montrose is the perfect neighborhood to expand how we think about FM as a concept,” FM Operating Partner Jason Mok says. “We’ll continue to showcase our strengths, but at the same time use this location as a springboard to be creative and bring fresh ideas to enhance our bar and food offerings, as well as the FM experience.” The new FM is scheduled to open in the fall.

• Like 1