Sign in to follow this  
Nole23

Celtic Gardens permanently closed today

It's opening again as Irish Cowboy by St. Patrick's Day. People are posting that it's not closed but remodeling and opening under Irish Cowboy and providing the Facebook page, but those douchebag owners are deleting those comments.They want to garner sympathy or all those "oh no, I'll miss that place" type posts and shares and then announce they're not really closing. Douche. Bags.

lol i noticed that too that they were deleting any comment about them reopening. 

With that said, I wonder what kind of renovations or changes that they will be making....

• Like 1

It's opening again as Irish Cowboy by St. Patrick's Day. People are posting that it's not closed but remodeling and opening under Irish Cowboy and providing the Facebook page, but those douchebag owners are deleting those comments.They want to garner sympathy or all those "oh no, I'll miss that place" type posts and shares and then announce they're not really closing. Douche. Bags.

Note to self:  Must miss.

• Like 4

What is up with all of these new stupid themed bars? Boots and shoots in downtown and now irish cowboy... This is houston, there are no cowboys here. 

• Like 2

What is up with all of these new stupid themed bars? Boots and shoots in downtown and now irish cowboy... This is houston, there are no cowboys here. 

uh, not so fast, Buckaroo.  I'll poke as much fun as anyone at all the people who suddenly start dressing like Porter Waggoner during March and at all the F250 bro dozers that never carry more than a bag of dog food in the bed, but there are as many or more of us that have more than one pair of boots and will wear them to any business meeting all year long.  Shoot, even Lamar has an FFA chapter.

Edit:  But you have a fair point.  These precious theme bars are for the cosplayers.  Most Rodeo life members I know wouldn't be caught dead in them.

Edited by mollusk
  • Like 1

I'll poke as much fun as anyone at all the people who suddenly start dressing like Porter Waggoner during March

Most of whom without a clue as to who he was, I'd wager. 

Of course, Porter wasn't always permanently sporting a Nudie suit - on some of his best records, he looks downright normal:

porter-wagoner-the-cold-hard-facts-of-li

• Like 1

I can tell you, I have wanted to open a club/bar in Midtown. Something I would absolutely do is let it run for 2-3 years, or until it started losing market share, then close, renovate and re-open with a new name. Make it new again. rinse and repeat in perpetuity. 

I can't say that I would make it a big secret that I was doing this though, and certainly not to the level of deleting comments, that's stupid and they'll lose more than they stand to gain. You really only do that if you don't want people to know it's the same ownership, and you really only do that if people hate you.

and boots and shoots was doing sound check at lunch today. the music was all oontz and no boots.

Edited by samagon
  • Like 1

and boots and shoots was doing sound check at lunch today. the music was all oontz and no boots.

giphy.gif

• Like 6

uh, not so fast, Buckaroo.  I'll poke as much fun as anyone at all the people who suddenly start dressing like Porter Waggoner during March and at all the F250 bro dozers that never carry more than a bag of dog food in the bed, but there are as many or more of us that have more than one pair of boots and will wear them to any business meeting all year long.  Shoot, even Lamar has an FFA chapter.

Edit:  But you have a fair point.  These precious theme bars are for the cosplayers.  Most Rodeo life members I know wouldn't be caught dead in them.

I own one pair of boots I wear to the office. I feel sorry for guys in other states that have to wear some dress shoes to work, they have to replace them every 2 years or so. These things will last me a fairly long time, and I can wear them to the cook-off as well as weddings and funerals, if I so desire.

• Like 2