Ella Pryor Fashions In Pasadena

torimask

Does this place look familiar to anyone?

Found in the Pasadena High School yearbook from 1967, 1968, and again with another group in 1974.

The 1968 has "Ella Pry Fashions" on it but I couldn't locate a store by that name, so I was guessing perhaps one of the department stores in the SE area might have just carried her line.

Clearly a local photo, since in 1974 the Pasadena Choir took their group shot at the place.

1967%2BP%2Bunknown%2Bplace1.jpg

I couldn't open the links you included,however, there was an upscale, ladies clothing boutique in Pasadena called Ella Pryor. It may have been called Ella Pryor Fashions, but it was always just referred to as Ella Pryor. An interesting side note, I always see an older, fashionably dressed woman at my job. I asked her if she was from Pasadena. She said yes, so I asked if she had ever shopped at Ella Pryor. She said, "Yes, all the time!"

It closed in the 80's I think. It was in a strip center on Richey Street.

I couldn't open the links you included,however, there was an upscale, ladies clothing boutique in Pasadena called Ella Pryor. It may have been called Ella Pryor Fashions, but it was always just referred to as Ella Pryor. An interesting side note, I always see an older, fashionably dressed woman at my job. I asked her if she was from Pasadena. She said yes, so I asked if she had ever shopped at Ella Pryor. She said, "Yes, all the time!"

It closed in the 80's I think. It was in a strip center on Richey Street.

Thank you for the info!

Once I published it on blogger, I could copy that address and managed to get it to display in the post above. 

Found her obituary online: 

In the early 1940's, they moved to Pasadena, Texas. In the early 1950's, the Pryors began "Ella Pryor", a ladies boutique in one of the first suburban shopping centers in the Houston area. Ella was a natural fashion retailer and traveled to New York, California, France, and Italy buying for her stores. She was a woman of great taste and beauty and loved her chosen career. . . . . . Ella was an avid traveler, sportswoman, and bridge player. In her early eighties, Ella began a new career, acting in commercials and films. Her credits include the film "Rushmore", commercials for the Rockets, Blue Bell, and many more. 

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/houstonchronicle/obituary.aspx?n=ella-pryor&pid=150066008

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Ella Pryor was my grandmother. The store was called Ella Pryor. After they moved from Pasadena they moved the store as well to River Oaks. I can remember playing there as a little girl. My Granny (Ella) would make me pallets from mink coats behind the register to take naps on. I would play there for hours; playing dress up, helping my sweet Granny with dressing women, etc. She was a truly remarkable woman. 

• The title was changed to Name The Place?
  • The title was changed to Ella Pryor Fashions In Pasadena

Archived