Dallas' Film Industry

Sic'EmBears

ABC's Reese Witherspoon-produced pilot about ‘ruthless Dallas divorce attorney’ will film here

Robert Wilonsky

February 11, 2016

1450823101-Reesein-Arlington.jpg

Burklund said Tuesday morning that the pilot will film in Dallas in the spring.

Here’s the plot, per the official announcement just dispatched by Dallas City Hall: “The story line follows the personal and professional life of a ruthless divorce attorney in Dallas, which begins to unravel when her emotionally damaged, love-addicted sister resurfaces triggering self-destructive tendencies and exposing long-hidden family secrets. The new show is expected to show off the vibrant, urban city that Dallas is.”

Burklund said Tuesday the city was up for several pilots this season, but landed just the one — maybe the most important one, given its setting.

The Texas Film Commission’s director, Heather Page, said in a prepared statement that it’s “a prestigious pilot.”

USA’s Queen of the South, which is shooting here till at least March, received $150,000 from the council by way of incentives last year.

“The city of Dallas is very excited to have once again secured filming of a television pilot set in our city,” said Karl Zavitkovsky, the head of the city’s Office of Economic Development, in a prepared statement.

Full Article

Hulu’s adaptation of Stephen King’s ‘11/22/63’ starring James Franco to shoot in Dallas

Robert Wilonsky

September 15, 2016

11-22-16-hulu-warner-bros.jpg?w=670&h=37

That, after all, is the plot of Stephen King’s 11/22/63, the best-selling, well-regarded story of a Maine high-school English teacher who, in 2011, time-travels to Dallas on Nov. 22, 1963, to stop Lee Harvey Oswald from killing the president. That book is being turned into a Hulu series by J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions. And that series, starring James Franco as time-traveling English teacher Jake Epping, will film in Dallas at some point next month.

Production has been underway for months in Ontario, but city officials and Dallas County documents confirm that 11/22/63 will shoot in Dallas for five days in early October. They won’t say where (well, you can probably guess) or precisely when, only that “they are doing more than what Parkland did,” says Janis Burklund, head of the Dallas Film Commission.

When he was at the Majestic Theatre in November 2011, King talked about coming to Dallas to research the book, spending time at the Sixth Floor Museum and on Greenville Avenue.

Full Article

View the 11/22/63 Trailer Here

12063121_1502938916667048_1565138774_n.j

Photo Credit

'Real Housewives of Dallas' announces cast and premiere date

Brentney Hamilton

February 11, 2016

1455203000-bravo.jpg?fit=clip&q=60∨=0&

The speculation is over. E! broke the news this morning that The Real Housewives of Dallas will debut Monday, April 11, at 10 p.m. on Bravo.

E!'s exclusive preview reveals that Cary Deuber, Tiffany Hendra, Stephanie Hollman, LeeAnne Locken, Brandi Redmond and their friend Marie Reyes will star in the biggest thing to hit Big D TV since J.R. and Sue Ellen or ... perhaps anything, ever.

Full Article

E! News Article / RHOD Trailer

• 2 weeks later...

Please re-read the note in the header of this forum, especially the part which states "Respectful discussions only."  Also re-read the Terms and Conditions you agreed to when you joined HAIF.

There are tens of thousands of discussions on HAIF.  If you can't participate in a discussion about Dallas in a civil manner, then refrain from visiting the Metroplex section.

Jennifer Garner Opens Up About Faith and Family Following the Premiere of Miracles from Heaven

Darla Atlas
February 22, 2016

jennifer-garner-a-435.jpg

The 43-year-old actress stunned on the red carpet, wearing a sleeveless, little black dress to premiere in Dallas, Texas Sunday night. After the screening, she joined the film's producers DeVon Franklin and Bishop T.D Jakes for an audience Q&A.

In the upcoming drama, Garner plays a mother whose faith is restored when her daughter is cured from a severe digestive disorder after falling 30 feet inside a hollow tree. The movie is based on the real-life saga of Texas mom Christy Beam, who joined Garner on Monday for a Good Morning Texas appearance in Dallas.

"I grew up going to church every Sunday of my life, and when I did move to L.A., it wasn't something that was just part of the culture in the same way, at least in my life. But it didn't mean that I lost who I was. But there was something about doing this film and talking to my kids about it and realizing that they were looking for the structure of church every Sunday. So it was a great gift of this film that it took us back to finding our local Methodist church and going every Sunday. It's really sweet."

I have something against liberal hollywood left defending a violent fascist culture while at the same time belittling and marginalizing Christianity.

Liberal hypocrisy at its finest indeed.

I have many Muslim neighbors who are good neighbors. They arent the same breed of cancer infecting Europe right now but Batt-fleck wants appeasement and wants us to lay the red carpet for them? Another Neville Chamberlin. lol.

Pay attention to what is happening outside of the USA Cloud713..

"I have many Muslim friends!"

"Their faith is a violent racist culture!"

Yeah that's the typical, "I'm not ______, I have many ______ friends!" argument that doesn't really take away the thing you say you are not.

Although making sweeping generalizations like that is not surprising when it's paired with the weird conspiracy theory that liberal Hollywood is out to destroy America. Oh the irony.

I have something against liberal hollywood left defending a violent fascist culture while at the same time belittling and marginalizing Christianity.

Liberal hypocrisy at its finest indeed.

I have many Muslim neighbors who are good neighbors. They arent the same breed of cancer infecting Europe right now but Batt-fleck wants appeasement and wants us to lay the red carpet for them? Another Neville Chamberlin. lol.

Pay attention to what is happening outside of the USA Cloud713..

Can we keep politics, religion, etc out of an architecture website please? It's not needed or asked for. 

Jason,

So what makes your Muslim neighbors the good kind of Muslims? Since apperantly they all come from a fascist culture?

They are much more westernized than the radicals in Europe. They are generally happier and do well professionally and don't waste their time hating on western culture. They've repressed that part of the Koran.

Can we keep politics, religion, etc out of an architecture website please? It's not needed or asked for.

This comment is brought up a lot but too often people forget that architecture is a part of the arts, which is a reflection of the culture. Religion and politics are a part of the culture as well. Id rather discuss everything than remain ignorant on other things.

This comment is brought up a lot but too often people forget that architecture is a part of the arts, which is a reflection of the culture. Religion and politics are a part of the culture as well. Id rather discuss everything than remain ignorant on other things.

Feel free to discuss religion, politics etc all you want on every thread. If the moderator, editor at HAIF support your view. Ask them about it Socks. :)

They are much more westernized than the radicals in Europe. They are generally happier and do well professionally and don't waste their time hating on western culture. They've repressed that part of the Koran.

See you just choose to see what you want to see. I live with a lot of Muslim neighbors. Heck I think you and I even live in the same neighborhood. I have a strong sense that the Muslim neighbors that live around me are what most Muslims are like. There is just a rowdy and dangerous few that f*** it up for the rest of their race/religion. And it's the same thing with all races. Stereotypes are hard to lose for some people. And now we have Trump making race relations even worse and inciting races to be suspicious of each other.

Archived