Yale Street Plaza At 5th: 506 Yale St.

s3mh

Replat application for the land that used to have an auto shop on the NE corner of Yale and 5th St.  E&I Investments bought the property in 2013.  "yale St. Plaza at Fifth Street" is just the subdivision name for the replat.  Sounds like retail, but developers use funny names for subdivisions.  Hopefully this is the first step in finally redeveloping this lot.  Can't see how it could sit vacant for much longer with 700+ multifamily units going in across the street.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/11/2018 at 2:29 PM, Angostura said:

One tenant will be a taco concept out of Mexico City called "La Vibra". Still looking for a 2nd restaurant tenant.

These guys are progressing as there is a TABC permit notification in the window of the south end of the building.

• 6 months later...
On 1/12/2019 at 7:08 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

From Houstonia:

Meanwhile, we Houstonia staffers have a spring in our step, for signage has been installed at La Vibra Tacos, set to open at 5th and Yale. The concept, specializing in tacos and sides popular in Mexico City, will soft open soon, per a representative.

La Vibra was open last night when I drove by.

• 4 months later...
On 1/17/2019 at 8:09 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

Photo of La Vibra Tacos , the taco restaurant in the Yale St. Plaza at Fifth Street retail strip at 506 Yale Suite A.

From Facebook
LuFB6jj.jpg

It's easy to get jaded about a new taco shop opening in a city with as many taco purveyors as Houston has, but anyone who loves tacos and overlooks La Vibra is doing themselves a great disservice. I've eaten there several times since they've been open, and their tacos are both absolutely outstanding and very different from the ones on offer at almost every other place in town. They are Mexico City-style tacos, and are not at all inexpensive as far as tacos go, but you're paying for a high-quality product. 

There's never been more than 1-2 other tables occupied every time I've been there, but those visits have admittedly been at off-peak hours, so I'm not sure how their lunchtime business has been. I hope they manage to stick around, as they are definitely filling a niche that few if any others are occupying.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to Yale St. Plaza At Fifth St.
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/17/2023 at 7:11 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

A locally-owned poke shop is opening in the former Aqua S unit: Jubi's Poke.

Correction: The poke restaurant opening at Yale Street Plaza is Let's Poke.

Let's Poke is located at 506 Yale St, Suite D. It replaces soft-serve chain Aqua S.

https://www.letspoketx.com

https://www.instagram.com/letspoketx

• 1 month later...

I'm sadden to see La Vibra / La Vibra Taco is departing Yale St Plaza at 5th. Here's hoping Parlor Doughnuts will be a good addition to the Heights.

It seems Parlor Doughnuts is a chain. I don't know if the Houston location will be corporate-owned or a franchise.

The Houston location is listed on Parlor Doughnuts' website:

https://www.parlordoughnuts.com/houston-tx

FYI @hindesky there is an ongoing topic for this property. Below is the topic for Yale St Plaza at 5th / Yale St Plaza at Fifth, the retail center at 506 Yale St:

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/33157-yale-st-plaza-at-fifth-st

@Urbannizer @Triton please consider merging this. Thanks.

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

3 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

I'm sadden to see La Vibra / La Vibra Taco is departing Yale St Plaza at 5th. 

Anyone know if they're moving elsewhere, or going out of business? Google's overview says "permanently closed", but there are some very recent Yelp reviews that don't say anything about an impending closure. 

On 5/8/2023 at 12:30 PM, hindesky said:

Moving in to suite A and will be replacing La Vibra Tacos.

AB3WenP.pngumaH15j.png

uhfpGKk.png

On 5/8/2023 at 12:42 PM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Here's hoping Parlor Doughnuts will be a good addition to the Heights.

It seems Parlor Doughnuts is a chain. I don't know if the Houston location will be corporate-owned or a franchise.

The Houston location is listed on Parlor Doughnuts' website:

https://www.parlordoughnuts.com/houston-tx

The first Houston outpost of Parlor Doughnuts could open this summer. 

Parlor Doughnuts is leasing La Vibra Taco's former unit at 506 Yale St, Ste A. It's a franchise location. The franchisees also operate The Teahouse in the same retail center.

From the franchisee's Facebook announcing the location in March:

wiHwwnB.jpg

• Like 2

On 4/6/2023 at 5:55 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Correction: The poke restaurant opening at Yale Street Plaza is Let's Poke.

Let's Poke is located at 506 Yale St, Suite D. It replaces soft-serve chain Aqua S.

https://www.letspoketx.com

https://www.instagram.com/letspoketx

Let's Poke opened earlier this week in the Yale Street Plaza / Yale St Plaza at Fifth.

The poke restaurant took over Aqua S' former unit at 506 Yale St, Ste D.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2023 at 12:30 PM, hindesky said:

Moving in to suite A and will be replacing La Vibra Tacos.

AB3WenP.pngumaH15j.png

LqWvUhe.png

On 5/10/2023 at 7:20 PM, IntheKnowHouston said:

The first Houston outpost of Parlor Doughnuts could open this summer. 

Parlor Doughnuts is leasing La Vibra Taco's former unit at 506 Yale St, Ste A. It's a franchise location. The franchisees also operate The Teahouse in the same retail center.

From the franchisee's Facebook announcing the location in March:

wiHwwnB.jpg

Houston Chronicle spoke with the local franchisees bringing Parlor Doughnuts to Houston. Regarding the forthcoming location at 506 Yale St, Suite A, it's possible the donut shop could open by late summer or early fall.

An excerpt from the article:

Parlor Doughnuts shop will be taking over the space formally occupied by La Vibra Tacos. Coincidentally, Parlor Doughnuts will be a few doors down from a Teahouse location the couple also owns.

While an opening date has yet to be set, [Emily] Tran says they're aiming for August or September.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/food-culture/restaurants-bars/article/parlor-doughnuts-houston-heights-expanding-18114936.php

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

• The title was changed to Yale Street Plaza: Retail Center At 506 Yale St.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Parlor Doughnuts recently announced it will soft open this weekend.

Located in Yale Street Plaza / Yale St Plaza at Fifth, the donut shop specializes in cronut-like pastries. I haven't stopped by the shop to sneak a peek inside. As for photos or videos of the shop's interior, I haven't come across any on social media.

Parlor Doughnuts is located at 506 Yale St, Suite A. It was previously home to La Vibra Taco.

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Yale Street Plaza At 5th: 506 Yale St.