• 2 months later...

Their Fairfield outlet Mall (Houston Premium Outlets) is one of their highest grossing projects in Houston. Try are definitely not going anywhere soon. Closed malls, those are a different story.

Yes I would say more likely than the one in Richmond/Rosenburg.

I was thinking that this one, FOR SURE, was going to be the one to be developed.

• Like 1

I'm sure it will also, it's just the question of if people want to travel those extra miles for the same store. Rosenburg is big enough to support it alone though, maybe not as much as this one.

I'll look at it like the ones in Katy and Cypress, since those two malls are on your way of or into Houston.

Reported Today in Culturemap:

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/real-estate/10-30-14-premium-outlet-mall-appears-headed-to-prime-southwest-freeway-location-in-major-real-estate-deal/

Still waiting for a "premium" store with tall-sized clothing.

Edited by houstontexasjack
  • Like 1

IDK about this... how nice can this really be? I mean it sits across the street from a Wal Mart.... 

The real question is how nice an outlet mall can be? Tanger and Cypress are ok... The layouts a little funky and no real food options. The corridors are quite narrow for the traffic they create.

• Like 1

I saw the site plans after going to fort bend star website and typing in outlet mall in search box and saw the site plans for the Legacy, however could not copy and paste them here.  Looks like a nice site plan for the area. The article mentions 150 stores in  the outlet mall and a building that would be at least 10 stories tall.

Edited by uscats35
  • Like 1

I saw the site plans after going to fort bend star website and typing in outlet mall in search box and saw the site plans for the Legacy, however could not copy and paste them here.  Looks like a nice site plan for the area. The article mentions 150 stores in  the outlet mall and a building that would be at least 10 stories tall.

Link: http://www.fortbendstar.com/2014/06/04/t-i-property-redevelopment-unveiled/

The search page shows a date of June 2014 so I don't know how accurate this is.