Sign in to follow this  
CrockpotandGravel

1919 N Shepherd Dr

If this has already been created please merge. I searched and couldn't find anything through the search query for the address.

Last summer Braun Enterperises announced plans to redevelop 1919 North Shepherd with Mellow Mushroom as an anchor.

FCpwvIe.jpg

Those plans have changed, According to The Leader:

People were excited at the announcement last August that Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers signed a contract to open shop at Braun’s forthcoming development at 1919 North Shepherd. At the time Braun, also responsible for Ella Plaza and Harold’s in the Heights, said that there will be space for a few more retailers.

The Leader reports Moody Ice will move in instead.

Moody Ice, a shaved ice shop with an entrepreneur spirit, will be opening at the site this summer. According to the proprietor, “the possibilities are endless with these fresh ingredients and an assorted cultural influences.”

Edited by CrockpotandGravel

If this has already been created please merge. I searched and couldn't find anything through the search query for the address.

Last summer Braun Enterperises announced plans to redevelop 1919 North Shepherd with Mellow Mushroom as an anchor.

FCpwvIe.jpg

Those plans have changed, According to The Leader:

The Leader reports Moody Ice will move in instead.

I read that Moody Ice is in addition to not instead of. 

I hope so. That would be a big disappointment. I know MM was going to be "yet another pizza place" but it was better and more necessary than "yet another frozen treat place". Retail would be even better.

From the Lack of Restaurant Diversity In the Heights thread:

On 10/21/2016 at 9:58 AM, s3mh said:

Mellow Mushroom is also very close to completion.  Moody's Ice next door is also close. 

According to Mellow Mushroom Houston's Facebook it will open November 7.

Here's the post:

We're scheduled to open November 7th. Hope to see you! Stay Mellow

Posted (edited)

Moody Ice is closed at 1919 N Shepherd Dr in the Heights, Houston.

From Houstonia:

Moody Ice, a popular spot for Hawaiian shaved ice and its fluffy, icy treats sharing the same name as the shop, will be closing its location on Shepherd Drive in The Heights after serving up the final rounds of snow cones on Memorial Day.

https://www.houstoniamag.com/articles/2019/5/24/moody-ice-heights-shaved-ice-closing

And from The Leader:

The space is currently up for lease on Komreal.com.

https://theleadernews.com/last-chance-for-moody-ice-this-weekend/

From Komreal Realty

Located in the Heights, 980 SF of second generation dessert shop available for lease. Co-tenants include Mellow Mushroom and Intero Real Estate.

https://komreal.com/ci/index.php/mls/listing/1919-n-shepherd-dr-houston-tx-77008-usa  (archive link)

FzXq8p6.jpg

ZTQz3Zf.jpg

• Like 1