Builder Littering In Ravine Connected To Little Thicket Park

Hi,

The builder developing the community I live in sucks.  I wish I knew before I bought my house but too late for that now.  There are still several homes being built in there but quite a few homes are occupied at this point.  The builder has been littering and polluting the ravine with a lot of construction debris and hasn't cleaned it up in 6 months.  Several homeowners have complained and nothing has been done.  I was informed that they can be fined for this.  Where would I report it to have them fined so they will stop?  I already called 311 and they put in a request but I think that is a request to have the ravine cleaned.  I'm not looking for anyone to clean it.  I want the builder to be fined so THEY will clean it and won't do this anymore.  Any thoughts? 

Thanks in advance!

10. What should I do about overgrown lots, visible junk or dilapidated buildings in my area?

Initially contact the 3-1-1 service request line or visit http://hfdapp.houstontx.gov/311/sector.php?sid=7 to report illegal dumping, dangerous buildings and overgrown lots. To follow up on the request please call our office at 832.393.3017 or e-mail our office atatlarge5@houstontx.gov with your 3-1-1 service number.

Source: http://www.houstontx.gov/council/5/faq.html

The Environmental Section of the Harris County Attorney's office could take the complaint, or direct you on where to go. 

Chunking trash into drainages is a pretty serious violation - shoot, even failing to take steps to keep runoff contained can get guys with badges showing up.

This is what I am hoping for.  I was told they were fined $2K for clogging up ditches with mud at another development they were working on.  They cleaned it up VERY fast after they were fined.  Unfortunately, this is the only way I think I will be able to get them to clean it up and keep it clean.  I will look around and see if I can find a number or website to report it to the Harris County Attorney office. 

I believe the previous fine was issued from the City Builder Inspections Office but when I called there they led me to 311 which I feel like isn't the right place and will never be addressed.

The Environmental Section of the Harris County Attorney's office could take the complaint, or direct you on where to go. 

Chunking trash into drainages is a pretty serious violation - shoot, even failing to take steps to keep runoff contained can get guys with badges showing up.

• The title was changed to Builder Littering In Ravine Connected To Little Thicket Park

Archived