Urbannizer

3030 Travis: Potential Residential Development

I was just saying the other day, when is gold glass going to make a come back?

The tower portion actually looks like the Jenga Tower that Austin is getting. I can dig the staircase but it's great infill.

This has definitely been scrapped, but good to know that the owner/developer for that land has the appetite for a project of this scale.  With it's exposure to the new superblock park, proximity to MATCH and Mid Main, I'd think this will still be a high-profile development even though we may have missed it for this cycle.  I think we will see a lot fewer full-block apartment projects, and more high-rise/mid-rise developments that just take up a portion of the block (high-rise maybe full block).  Land prices are pretty level right now, but once these new residences move-in and all the amenities fill out, it will be harder to make a Pearl Midtown, or Camden Midtown economical unless you really jack up the rents.

• Like 7

This has definitely been scrapped, but good to know that the owner/developer for that land has the appetite for a project of this scale. With it's exposure to the new superblock park, proximity to MATCH and Mid Main, I'd think this will still be a high-profile development even though we may have missed it for this cycle. I think we will see a lot fewer full-block apartment projects, and more high-rise/mid-rise developments that just take up a portion of the block (high-rise maybe full block). Land prices are pretty level right now, but once these new residences move-in and all the amenities fill out, it will be harder to make a Pearl Midtown, or Camden Midtown economical unless you really jack up the rents.

Good insight. I don't mind smaller or less full block developments. We certainly got A LOT this time around.

8 hours ago, BeerNut said:

this is such a prime spot for a midrise.   I think the yoga studio is the only tenant.  4uhkMm4.jpg

These shopping centers will be gone in the next 3 to 5 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

These shopping centers will be gone in the next 3 to 5 

yes shopping centers are so suburban

• Like 1

9 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

I don’t think so. Did you hear something?

No, just your "gone in the next 3 to 5" (days? years?) comment above. Thought you might have seen a demo permit.

The block has been listed for sale for about two months per my source. 1.15 acres.

• Like 1