Hyatt Place/Hyatt House Hotel At 7329 Fannin St.

Urbannizer

Hotel boom on the way for the TMC!

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/morning_call/2015/12/hotel-planned-for-texas-medical-center-area.html

Houston-based Medical Center Fannin OST Investments LP recently bought 7329 Fannin and 1803 Old Spanish Trail from Houston’s Dixon Financial Services Ltd. Tom Condon Jr. with Colliers’ Woodlands office represented the buyer, andLouis Smith with Houston-based SRC Properties represented the seller.

The buyer plans to redevelop the 1.3-acre site into two nationally branded hotels, totaling 325 rooms. A restaurant is planned for the ground floor, and parking will be on the upper levels, according to Colliers.

The project is scheduled to break ground in late 2016, and construction is expected to be complete by mid-2018, according to Colliers. HarDam Hotels LLC President James Guillory Jr. of Houston will develop the project.

• Like 6

Here's an overhead look at the site, I don't believe it includes the Subway near the intersection. I can see this area being redeveloped rather quickly if the TMC Research Campus comes together.

23983869751_53f0c05f54_o.jpg

Street View: https://www.google.com/maps/@29.6963827,-95.4009156,3a,75y,76.96h,83.67t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sXZ4LPX3vCjb1RXsNxJW8LQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

• Like 1

Curious.  I would have thought this would be intended for the larger site across the street.  I will have to be on the lookout for construction on the drive back from the UT Rec Center.

Edit:  I suppose the land to the south may be owned by M.D. Anderson and slated for their future expansion next to the proposed TMC3.  I do not have a good feel for this area and the proposed future developments.

Edited by houstontexasjack
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

A Hot Mess.  Looks like the last time Houston combined two brands and we got the Hampton Inn/Homewood Suites.  But, at least those two concepts were back to back. This one make it look like the Hyatt House architects had no idea what the Hyatt Place guys were up to...until yesterday.  And the Parking Garage doesn't help, as usual.   

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Quite the hotel boom for TMC...there are these 2, the Blossom hotel, the Intercontinental, the Embassy suites (which has had some permitting activity lately), the new Residence Inn (appears to finally be happening), and various other smaller, new hotels that have popped up along South main.  There's also the supposed TMC3 hotel as well, but who knows if/when that one will ever come together

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Permit filed on 05/15 for 14 stories 

http://www.cohtora.houstontx.gov/ibi_apps/WFServlet.ibfs?IBIF_webapp=/ibi_apps&IBIC_server=EDASERVE&IBIWF_msgviewer=OFF&IBIAPP_app=soldpermits&IBIF_ex=sold_permit_d&CLICKED_ON=&PN=18092234&PT=13

Project No: 18092234
Date : 2019/05/15 00:00:00
USE : (EPR) 354,178 SQ FT NEW HI-RISE HOTEL 1-
Owner/Occupant : *HYATT PLACE/ HYATT HOUSE
Job Address : 7329 FANNIN ST 77030
Valuation : $ 55,199,278
Permit Type : 13
FCC Group : Hotels & Motels
Buyer : *THE PARTNERS GP LLC/ MATHIS G
Address : 13131 DAIRY ASHFORD 320 77478
Phone : (281) 265-6028
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Hyatt House/Hyatt Place and Homewood Suites Hotels at Fannin/OST
  • 1 month later...