Hilton Garden Inn/Home2 Suites Hotels At 6840 Almeda Rd.

Urbannizer

Guessing this is taking the place of the dirt parking lot between Cambridge and Ringess? I don't really have a problem with this, it's probably needed for VA patients/relatives, and it's not as if Hilton Garden Inns are known for their stunning beauty.

• Like 2

This is being brought to us by the developers of The Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn/Homewood Suites, and I

just became aware that they are repurposing the Stower's Bldg into an ALOFT. I'm thankful that they won't

be stuccoing this building. They'll just screw up the interiors.

This is why there should be some kind of architectural review for materials and plans.

For a scary look into American Liberties other development projects go to their website.

Its not for the faint at heart.

• Like 1

Guessing this is taking the place of the dirt parking lot between Cambridge and Ringess? I don't really have a problem with this, it's probably needed for VA patients/relatives, and it's not as if Hilton Garden Inns are known for their stunning beauty.

I think you are right - I noticed they were doing some dirt work there over the weekend and thought maybe they were going to pave the parking lot.  They may have already started on this

Edit:  Looking at the rendering again and considering this is just "off" Holcombe, it might actually be that lot on Almeda near Holcombe.  The white buildings in the background of the rendering appear to match up with existing buildings in that location

Edited by OkieEric

Same guys as the embassy suites and Hampton/home wood, but the aloft is a different group.

This is being brought to us by the developers of The Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn/Homewood Suites, and I

just became aware that they are repurposing the Stower's Bldg into an ALOFT. I'm thankful that they won't

be stuccoing this building. They'll just screw up the interiors.

This is why there should be some kind of architectural review for materials and plans.

For a scary look into American Liberties other development projects go to their website.

Its not for the faint at heart.

• Like 1

Same guys as the embassy suites and Hampton/home wood, but the aloft is a different group.

I just checked the link at the top of this page posted by Urbanizer .

If you go to that link, and click on divisions and then hospitality you will see all of their stucco hotel and other projects pictures.

It includes a picture of the Stowers building with the caption underneath calling it an Aloft so I think they are doing it.

Edited by bobruss

I just checked the link at the top of this page posted by Urbanizer .

If you go to that link, and click on divisions and then hospitality you will see all of their stucco hotel and other projects pictures.

It includes a picture of the Stowers building with the caption underneath calling it an Aloft so I think they are doing it.

That's the contractor's website.  Maybe that's what you meant all along, but I think everyone under stood you to mean the owner/developer.  American Liberty Hospitality developed and owns the Embassy Suites, the Hampton/Homewood (and, FWIW, also owns or at least operates the Sam Houston Hotel). 

They (American Liberty) have nothing to do with the Aloft in the Stowers Building.

Edited by Houston19514

• 2 years later...

Permit was issued for this one 

Project No: 16039083
Date : 2018/08/29 00:00:00
USE : (EPR) NEW 187246 HOTEL (294 ROOMS)1-10-1
Owner/Occupant : *HILTON GARDEN INN
Job Address : 6840 ALMEDA RD 77030
Valuation : $ 35,500,000
Permit Type : 13
FCC Group : Hotels & Motels
Buyer : *ARCH-CON CONSTRUCTION
Address : 1335 WEST GRAY 210 77019
Phone : (713) 533-1900

www.cohtora.houstontx.gov/ibi_apps/WFServlet.ibfs?IBIF_webapp=/ibi_apps&IBIC_server=EDASERVE&IBIWF_msgviewer=OFF&IBIAPP_app=soldpermits&IBIF_ex=sold_permit_d&CLICKED_ON=&PN=16039083&PT=13

• Like 1

So from the address it looks like this is going on the site of the big parking lot just north of the VA? They semi-recently installed large canopies there to make it covered parking, but I guess those will be gone soon. If that lot goes it's going to make VA parking a lot more difficult.

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:45 PM, asubrt said:

So from the address it looks like this is going on the site of the big parking lot just north of the VA? They semi-recently installed large canopies there to make it covered parking, but I guess those will be gone soon. If that lot goes it's going to make VA parking a lot more difficult.

This is a partnership with the Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center which will share the hotel’s new seven-story parking garage as the VA shares the property with the hotel.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=displayOECase&oeCaseID=414970739&row=272

Looks like construction is starting on this one soon. (10/14/19), 130' height 

Overview
Study (ASN): 2019-ASW-12662-OE
Prior Study:  

Received Date: 08/21/2019
Entered Date: 08/21/2019
Map: View Map
Construction Info     Structure Summary
Notice Of: CONSTR
Duration: TEMP    (Months: 6    Days: 0)
Work Schedule: 10/14/2019  to  05/05/2020

Structure Type: Crane
Structure Name: HGI H2S Crane
FCC Number:  

Structure Details     Height and Elevation
Latitude (NAD 83): 29° 42' 17.19" N
Longitude (NAD 83): 95° 23' 08.30" W
Datum: NAD 83
City: Houston
State: TX
Nearest County: Harris

Proposed
Site Elevation:
Structure Height:
Total Height (AMSL):

Frequencies
Low Freq High Freq Unit ERP Unit

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=displayOECase&oeCaseID=414970249&row=282

Overview
Study (ASN): 2019-ASW-12661-OE
Prior Study:  

Received Date: 08/21/2019
Entered Date: 08/21/2019
Map: View Map
Construction Info     Structure Summary
Notice Of: CONSTR
Duration: PERM    (Months: 0    Days: 0)
Work Schedule: 09/03/2019  to  09/03/2021

Structure Type: Building
Structure Name: HGI H2S Building
FCC Number:  

Structure Details     Height and Elevation
Latitude (NAD 83): 29° 42' 17.19" N
Longitude (NAD 83): 95° 23' 08.30" W
Datum: NAD 83
City: Houston
State: TX
Nearest County: Harris

Proposed