East Village: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 St. Emanuel St.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2018 at 4:04 PM, swtsig said:

was told about this 4 or 5 months ago, great to see it gain a little traction. south congress hotel was a partial inspiration. curious if the 59 construction could delay it, though.

houston needs more of these in EaDo, downtown, midtown, monstrose and museum district

Looks to be the case as Michael Hsu, who's behind the design for the South Congress Hotel is the architect for this as well.

http://hsuoffice.com/project/boutique-hotel/

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/4/2018 at 11:03 PM, corbs315 said:

Went to Truckyard tonight. They're going to make a fortune.

That place is packed with lines wrapped around the block at certain hours when they hit their capacity. It's crazy.

2 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

So the entire business is shut down for now?

They are still open. They just don't have any food trucks. They still make in house cheese steaks.

The frustrating part is that Houston is the only city in Texas with the 100ft rule. Why are we always two steps behind?

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, HoustonMidtown said:

Stopped by Vinny's for lunch on Wednesday... pizza was amazing.  The pies are a bit pricey, but when you see the actual size of them it's understandable.  They are going to do very well. 

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

True Anomaly Brewing Co. at East Village is open.

From Eater Houston:

The brewery and taproom is officially open

EaDo’s newest brewery is open for business. True Anomaly Brewing Co. opened last week at 2012 Dallas Street with four beers on tap, and the aim is to add another beer each week to build up its catalog to a dozen or so beers by the brewery’s grand opening on April 27. Right now, drinkers will find brews like a Belgian Dubbel, Berliner Weisse, IPA, and Grisette.

Visitors to the taproom will also instantly notice draft lines connected straight to the brewery’s tanks, along with viewing windows looking into its cellaring operation with gigantic Foeder barrels — a key component to True Anomaly Brewing Co., which wants to focus especially on wild and sour beers. “We really want to be Houston’s primary sour house,” co-founder Michael Duckworth tells Eater.

True Anomaly Brewing Co. is Now Preaching the Gospel of Sour Beers in EaDo

jr8VnDc.jpg

It’s a shame that they put all of the time and effort into this beautiful facility, just to have it bulldozed in a few years due to the inevitable I-45 reroute project.

I’ll definitely be checking it out soon though. Hopefully they can be successful and relocate to somewhere else in EaDo in a few years.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, thedistrict84 said:

It’s a shame that they put all of the time and effort into this beautiful facility, just to have it bulldozed in a few years due to the inevitable I-45 reroute project.

I’ll definitely be checking it out soon though. Hopefully they can be successful and relocate to somewhere else in EaDo in a few years.  

Actually, the route will miss the entirety of the East Village. In fact, it will mostly likely be in a prime position afterwards once they put in the cap park over the buried highway.

In other news, the website doesn't like me today.

For our final story:

https://houston.eater.com/2019/2/20/18233517/truck-yard-food-trucks-open

Food Trucks have returned to Truckyard.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Luminare said:

Actually, the route will miss the entirety of the East Village. In fact, it will mostly likely be in a prime position afterwards once they put in the cap park over the buried highway.

In other news, the website doesn't like me today.

This brewery is actually caddy corner to Rodeo Goat and across from the Agricole spots, west of St. Emanuel (at 2012 Dallas St.). Unfortunately it will be affected, as pretty much everything between Chartres and St. Emanuel in that area is in the path of the reroute.

1 minute ago, thedistrict84 said:

This brewery is actually caddy corner to Rodeo Goat and across from the Agricole spots, west of St. Emanuel (at 2012 Dallas St.). Unfortunately it will be affected, as pretty much everything between Chartres and St. Emanuel in that area is in the path of the reroute.

Ah yeah. Well this isn't technically part of the East Village then isn't it? Thats what was confusing. The ones south of St. Emanuel. The two plats that have had a lot of activity will remain, but you are right its on the side that will be demoed. I guess it will be alright in the end. Gives them a couple years to work up a good rep and capital. They will also probably get funding from the state as part of their mandatory relocation.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, talltexan83 said:

The current road reconstruction in this area seems to be dragging along very slowly.......I feel bad for these new bars/restaurants opening up.  Sidewalks and roads are a mess right now, but hopefully it will be over before summer.  

I agree - We were able to park on the street in front of Chapman Kirby last night for the first time in forever....it looks great once they finish but man it's taking a long time...I wonder how 8th Wonder (no pun intended) is doing....you could hardly get to their entrance for a while...

Edited by HoustonMidtown