HNathoo

East Village Mixed-Use Development at 1201 St. Emanuel

More on the design group moving to East Village from Biznow:

Architects-Plus and Three Square Design Group will join forces this year, launching Method Architecture. The new firm will be led by four partners: Jake Donaldson, founder of Three Square; Vanessa Ortega, director of projects at Three Square; and Keith Holley and Eric Hudson, co-owners of Architects-Plus. 

Method Architecture will occupy the entire 10k SF second floor of a redeveloped industrial building in EaDo. In addition to completing the interior renovations of its own new space, the firm is designing the exterior renovation for the 30k SF building, which includes Chapman & Kirby, a gastro pub on the first floor and additional mixed-use retail tenants on the way.

Our Vodka will be in the adjacent building, for which Three Square is the architect of record.

From Chapman and Kirby's Facebook two days ago:

Plans have been submitted to the city. Only weeks away from moving dirt! We are looking forward to seeing the space come to life. Hope you all enjoy the construction process that we will be sharing along the way.

‪#‎HoustonTX‬ ‪#‎HTX‬ ‪#‎EADO‬ ‪#‎ChapmanAndKirby‬ ‪#‎EastVillage‬ ‪#‎Construction‬ ‪#‎NewConcpet‬

ChACdqQ.png

More pre-construction and construction pictures of Chapman & Kirby here, here, here, here, here, here and here.

• Like 3

On 1/10/2016 at 1:41 PM, samagon said:

so too far to walk. disappointing. 

joking!

4 blocks is too far too walk? Seriously?

Edited by j_cuevas713

14 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

4 blocks is too far too walk? Seriously?

You missed his "joking" in a very light font like the rest of us !!

From Chapman & Kirby's Facebook yesterday:

The old roof is now down to the bones.

dy8YPNs.jpg

From Chapman & Kirby's Instagram:

Demo process has begun. The roof must come down so we can add more support to the rooftop patio. Place looks messy, but what demo isn't.

nJeW2eJ.jpg

First time this firemain has seen sun light since the day it was installed circa 1940's

YFOoMsG.jpg

Updated rendering here. More pre-construction and construction pictures of Chapman & Kirby here, here, here, here, here and here.

Edited by CrockpotandGravel
  • Like 2

Comedy club was painted. Looks like it will definitely have a rooftop patio. Excited for this development, but will miss the wall art. 

image.jpeg

• Like 4

On 5/24/2016 at 0:38 PM, ryrohtx said:

Comedy club was painted. Looks like it will definitely have a rooftop patio. Excited for this development, but will miss the wall art. 

image.jpeg

Construction pictures from March of the comedy club at East Village, The Secret Group (2101 Polk ). This is scheduled to open in June.

h9Hxc2Z.jpg

qREFfAq.jpg

Here's a rendering from Māk Studio posted to The Secret Group's Facebook in March:

awP05gQ.jpg

• Like 4

From In the Know Houston:

Poku

Tucked next to EaDo’s upcoming gastropub Chapman & Kirby, this grab-and-go eatery is part of the new wave of poke peddlers in Houston. The Hawaiian fish sanctuary is one of several dining options in the works for East Village, the mixed use development under construction in East Downtown.

Where to find: East Village in EaDo
When it’s expected to open: Late 2016 or early 2017
Keep up-to-date: Instagram

http://intheknowhouston.com/new-poke-bowl-restaurants-houston/4/

• Like 1

On January 8, 2016 at 11:53 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

East Village in EaDo at 1201 St Emanuel site plans

BLNiTu1.jpg

d6qngqr.jpg

blHZ55D.jpg

Kyw9Uyy.jpg

Has anyone noticed or made mention of what exactly the Airbnb spaces are?

• Like 2

More about East Village in EaDo from Virtual Builders Exchange (posted in September):

Ancorian's Vision for Houston's East Village North takes Shape

Ancorian has been teasing Houstonians all year with hints on how it will develop its substantial stake in the East Village; its vision came into much better focus this week.

The Ancorian project is one of two in East Downtown that the Planning Commission approved variances for Thursday. CitySide Homes introduced yet another EaDo townhomes project (see below).

Ancorian came before the Houston Planning Commission on Thursday to seek a 5-foot building line on St. Emanuel Street and a zero-foot building line along Dallas Street, Lamar Avenue and Hutchins Street, all of which constitute the boundaries for its present project.

This is a renovation of an existing complex of retail buildings, and part of a two-block mixed-use development that will eventually include high-density residential. But to simply refer to it as a renovation doesn't do the architectural plans justice. Mak Studio Designs has done wonders with what the designers were given to work with.

Although the East Village is practically downtown, this particular neighborhood hasn't seen any significant real estate investment in 47 years. A 1.32-acre development, it will include the replatting of Dallas Street Court Homes. Added to the plat will be a portion of Lot 3 and all of Lots 4 through 12, Block 462 of South Side of Buffalo Bayou.

The primary purpose of this replat is to create one Unrestricted Reserve, according to the city staff report delivered by Dorianne Powe-Phlegm.

"The existing building along St. Emanuel and Lamar is currently in the process of being remodeled and has been granted a variance request to allow a new wall and canopy to encroach at the intersection," Powe-Phlegm said.

This development is located within TIRZ 15. Ancorian has been working in cooperation with TIRZ 15 and has received the support of TIRZ 15.

"East Village North will be the first project to draw top retailers, restaurateurs and businesses to the area by revitalizing existing buildings while maintaining the character of the neighborhood," she said.

New curbs and sidewalks are part of the development, which will complement the city's decision to provide street improvements.

"The proposed improvements at the intersections of the streets will allow for visibility to the vehicular traffic. Keeping the inconsistent building lines would lead to a disjointed pedestrian experience," she said. "The area along St. Emanuel is currently under construction with approved plans for a large elevated sidewalk which will lead to a more pedestrian friendly environment within this block.

"This proposed development is within walking distance to the George R. Brown Convention Center and BBVA Compass Stadium and the hopes for this development is to attract and create a more pedestrian friendly environment."

http://www.virtualbx.com/construction-preview/24139-ancorian-s-vision-for-houston-s-east-village-north-takes-shape.html
  • Like 1

On 3/26/2016 at 7:42 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

ChACdqQ.png

This is a pretty interesting structure. Looks like a building out of SHoP Architects. 

• Like 1

Is the Alfa a tip of the small brim fedora to hipsters? :ph34r:

Saw something about another distillery opening here on a friend's Facebook post. They deleted it so I can't recall if the distillery is opening at East Village or close by.

A rum distillery is being built  at 2201 Dallas by the name Revolution Rum. I have not read any thing about it but if it's true, it would be cool to have a vodka and rum distillery near downtown.

• Like 4

On 11/24/2016 at 2:53 PM, htownboy said:

This is a pretty interesting structure. Looks like a building out of SHoP Architects. 

HoustonMidtown, thanks for keeping a close eye to the project.  We have been working day and night on it.  we are looking to open up in March.  Let me know when you have time to swing by.  I will give you a tour and tell you more about whats going on in the area.  Good things to come.  Spread the word!

• Like 8

On 12/9/2016 at 6:54 PM, HNathoo said:

Updated leasing flyer showing Rodeo Goat, Agricole Hospitality, and a Distillery.

zk0pxTv.jpg

qlCOUq6.jpg

Nice find! A restaurant from Agricole Hospitality (Coltivare, Eight Row Flint, Revival Market) at East Village in EaDo would be great. 

The other distillery shown next to the Secret Group comedy club must be Revolution Rum.

Method Architecture moved into their new office at East Village.  The new space looks sweet.

QUjIJWn.jpg

On 12/6/2016 at 9:50 PM, Mazen Baltagi said:

HoustonMidtown, thanks for keeping a close eye to the project.  We have been working day and night on it.  we are looking to open up in March.  Let me know when you have time to swing by.  I will give you a tour and tell you more about whats going on in the area.  Good things to come.  Spread the word!

Good luck and thank you for being apart of redeveloping the East End.

Revolution Rum may not be going in here. The address listed on their website shows 2201 Dallas Street, across from the East Village complex.

I could be wrong, but I think the unnamed distillery shown is another project of Morgan Weber's. Earlier this year, Weber filed a LLC for a distillery. And looking at the plan with Weber and Pera's Agricole Hospitality as a confirmed tenant, alongside the distillery next to their upcoming restaurant, it makes sense.

I suppose none of us will know for sure until Weber and Pera announce it. I would contact their PR if my site was up and running (it's currently down), but they'd probably deny it as they did when I reported on their plans to open a bar (Eight Row Flint) for Eater a few years ago.

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
Entered wrong address.
  • Like 2

On 12/13/2016 at 3:36 PM, IntheKnowHouston said:

I could be wrong, but I think the unnamed distillery shown is another project of Morgan Weber's. Earlier this year, Weber filed a LLC for a distillery. And looking at the plan with Weber and Pera's Agricole Hospitality as a confirmed tenant, alongside the distillery next to their upcoming restaurant, it makes sense.

I hope this turns out to be true

Construction pictures of Chapman & Kirby at East Village ( 2118 Lamar St ) from Mak Studio:

Structure is up for the feature canopy at our @chapmanandkirby project! Lots of corten steel coming in this week to finish it off! Check in later this week for the finished result. #makecoolstuff @hm_steel_fab #houston #restaurant #bar #eado #steel #eastdowntown #warehouselive #fabrication #digitalfabrication #architecture #design

xMgcR49.jpg
https://www.instagram.com/p/BONYuo7jIUf/

• Like 1

On Tuesday, December 13, 2016 at 3:36 PM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Revolution Rum may not be going in here. The address listed on their website shows 2201 Dallas Street, across from the East Village complex.

I suppose none of us will know for sure until Weber and Pera announce it. I would contact their PR if my site was up and running (it's currently down), but they'd probably deny it as they did when I reported on their plans to open a bar (Eight Row Flint) for Eater a few years ago.

I'm leaning more towards the possibility that the distillery depicted in the site plan belongs to Agricole Hospitality  ( Ryan Pera and Morgan Weber ).

In April, Weber filed a limited liability corporation for Indianola Distilling. The listed address for the registered agent is 2119 Dallas, Suite B, shared by East Village developer Ancorian. The address, as shown on a map, matches up with the site plan for East Village.