East Village: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 St. Emanuel St.

HNathoo

On 4/5/2022 at 12:28 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

The club/bar taking over the former EightyTwo unit at 1201 St Emanuel St, Ste 110 is Paradise Palace. It's a nightlife concept from the group behind Austin's Coconut Club, Neon Grotto, and Cuatro Gato.

Paradise Palace was announced on the club's  Instagram in February. Neither the address and area of town were provided.

Coconut Club's design is fun and festive, at least what's shown in photos. It kind of reminds me of a mix of Present Company, Electric Feel Good, and the shuttered Montrose lounge Her. It's probable Paradise Palace will have similar aesthetics.

https://instagram.com/paradisepalace.houston

A rendering of Paradise Palace's exterior from Google Maps. Paradise Palace is one of at least two new retail tenants opening soon at East Village, Ancorian's mixed-use development in EaDo.

spacer.png

• Like 9

4 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

A rendering of Paradise Palace's exterior from Google Maps. Paradise Palace is one of at least two new retail tenants opening soon at East Village, Ancorian's mixed-use development in EaDo.

spacer.png

That looks so incredibly cheesy. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, thedistrict84 said:

That looks so incredibly cheesy. 

It’ll do well. Coconut Club & Neon Grotto always have a large crowd, one of the best clubs for adults in Austin imo. Generally house/techno music and queer events.

• Like 3

• The title was changed to East Village: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 St. Emanuel St.
  • 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Andrew Ewert said:

It's tacky, but a good tacky. I love it.

I'm still trying determine if it's a good tacky or bad tacky ... lol ... it's different.  If it's a successful business that helps my neighborhood I'll like it. 

• Like 1