Condominium Development Planned On N. Shepard Dr.

CREguy13

Wow.  Very interesting.

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/morning_call/2015/12/exclusive-condominium-tower-planned-for-greater.html

The 35-story condo tower would have between 120 to 150 units, ranging in size from 1,200 square feet to 3,200 square feet and in price from $230,000 to $1.2 million. The units would feature naturally heated and cooled floors and high-end finishes.

“We see an opportunity for condos in Houston,” Trujillo said. “The younger generation isn’t looking for the white picket fence in the suburbs anymore.”

So...just kind of curious, but is there a certain level of credibility required before having something like this published in HBJ?  It just seems like a really weird location to me.  Unnamed investors, helicopter pads, "hopes" to have a sales office open in a year...

This is being built on the current Shell gas station?

If i had to guess, it looks like it would be at 500 N Shepherd or 580 N Shepherd; a few blocks north of the Shell station.

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/18447897/500-N-Shepherd-Dr-Houston-TX/

Those lots fit the description on size and location, they are currently warehouses. 

So...just kind of curious, but is there a certain level of credibility required before having something like this published in HBJ?  It just seems like a really weird location to me.  Unnamed investors, helicopter pads, "hopes" to have a sales office open in a year...

It's a bit of positive news in a cycle where West Texas Intermediate is trading in the neighborhood of $35 a barrel with the prospect of further price deterioration due to a likely increase in interest rates from the Fed (strengthening the dollar) and additional capacity that may come online from Libya as a result of the impending deal for a national unity government.  

I agree this proposal seems a bit fantastic--particularly the reference to helipads.  However, with the recent swell in condo development, the HBJ may have concluded that just about any developer who has acquired a bit of land and has a vision for condos has a chance to pull off their development.

If i had to guess, it looks like it would be at 500 N Shepherd or 580 N Shepherd; a few blocks north of the Shell station.

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/18447897/500-N-Shepherd-Dr-Houston-TX/

Those lots fit the description on size and location, they are currently warehouses. 

Think you are right. Now that I see it is 3 towers, no way it can be at the Shell station.

Interesting location. I'd rather see something like this where the Houston Police Federal Credit Union building is off Memorial or at Allen Parkway and Montrose. But, hey, it's not my development.

Hey, that's my hood! The credit union under utalizes that space for sure

I see your

chiRopractor/realtor-turnEd real estate Developer, peculiar site, Fanciful amenities, heLipad, lArge-scale proposal, unnamed foreiGn investorS.... 

sounds legit.

and raise you

chiropractor/realtor-turneD real estate develOper, peculiar site, faNciful amEnities, helipaD, largE-scAle proposaL, unnamed foreign investors.... 

• The title was changed to Condo Project Planned At N. Shepard Dr./I-10, 3-Towers
  • The title was changed to Condominium Development Planned On N. Shepard Dr.

Archived