HAIF - Houston's original social media

The Driscoll: New 29-Story Apartment Tower with Retail for the River Oaks Shopping Center

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last night's sunset

From the document. 29-stories at 339' feet, approx 11,000 sq feet of retail, eight parking levels with two below ground.          

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Texasota said:

I will never understand closets opening directly into bathrooms. 

So you don't wake up your significant other when getting ready in the morning (or so they don't wake you up !!)

Edited by HoustonMidtown
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, Texasota said:

I will never understand closets opening directly into bathrooms. 

I used to think that too, thinking that the humidity from the bathroom would cause problems.  But my last two houses have both had it and I love it!  With good air conditioning and exhaust fans, the humidity is not a problem in the least.  And it is VERY convenient.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2020 at 12:29 AM, ZRFkris said:

Great building, fits in better than I expected. 

Yes, but it would have fit in SO MUCH BETTER with the previous white, art-deco design before they painted the rest of the shopping center that monstrosity of a beige color.  Geez, everywhere else, people are going the opposite direction and painting beige buildings white (see Uptown Park)!

• Like 5

Wow...that Upper Kirby/Greenway and Uptown/Galleria skyline shot from inside the unit is amazing. And to think our largest and 3rd largest skylines aren't even in that pic...

The views from around the 6th to 12th floors have always been around my favorite height for views in Houston. Just above the tree line, and still high enough for views like that.

Thanks for all the great updates, as usual.

• Like 7
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

What???  Was that lighting scheme shown in any of the renderings?

I don’t  recall seeing any nighttime renderings but the daytime renderings seemed to indicate the lighting.  It’s really bright at night with all 4 floors lit up.

They were testing the lights when I snapped those photos but all 4 floors have been lit every night for the past couple weeks. 

• Like 2

Hanover has 10 + story buildings in Rice Village, West Gray, two in BLVD Place, and is building along Allen Parkway. One of their towers would look great by Market Square or Discovery Green. I'd be ok with a 55 story giant from these guys. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • 4 weeks later...