Mico's Hot Chicken At 1603 N. Durham Dr.

Urbannizer

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/6065-restaurant-diversity-in-the-heights/?do=findComment&comment=608833

On 12/6/2019 at 12:47 PM, Angostura said:

Spaced leased by Mico's Hot Chicken.

On 12/6/2019 at 1:02 PM, midtowndweller said:

vDGqysN.jpgwCZoWlg.jpg

I'm glad the cat is out the bag. I found out Mico Hot Chicken's plans to open a brick and mortar location in the Heights at 1603 N Durham last month but promised to not spill the beans. The husband and wife team was looking for a permanent location for their ice cream business last year, but put those plans on hold to launch their hot chicken venture, a move that was the better decision.

This location is tricky because of the one way traffic, but Mico has a loyal following and great product to turn this spot around.

On 12/8/2019 at 6:37 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

This location is tricky because of the one way traffic, but Mico has a loyal following and great product to turn this spot around.

I think it's less the one-way traffic and more the attempt to do patio seating 8 feet from what is essentially an 8-lane highway. I think BOB struggled to get people to put up with that in order to get a relatively undistinguished hamburger, when there is a LOT of competition nearby. I mean, anyone who wanted to eat a hamburger on a dusty patio could just go to Hubcap instead.

I think that they have a more unique product, and if they do some sort of fence or landscape buffer between Durham and the patio, they could do pretty well.

• The title was changed to 1603 N. Durham Dr.
  • The title was changed to Mico's Hot Chicken At 1603 N. Durham Dr.

Archived