HEB Richmond/Rosenberg Store

ChannelTwoNews

I figured I'd start a thread to see if anyone else had any information about this possible development. In some of New Quest's marketing diagrams for Brazos Town Center, they've shown a proposed HEB at the northeast corner of the Southwest Freeway and FM 762 - directly across the road from Brazos Town Center and next door to the Del Webb community. I know that I've heard from a few local residents about plans for a store there over the past few months, but not much else as of late.

Anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

obviously yall havent been to cypress where there is 1 HEB per 2 miles...lol

the river park chilis was in an odd location considering the one at williams trace has been there forever and the one in rosenberg is surrounded by more retail so your apt to spend more time in that area instead of that one on the grand parkway

plus, the rosenberg one has the advantage of attracting small town folks 

the river park chilis was in an odd location considering the one at williams trace has been there forever and the one in rosenberg is surrounded by more retail so your apt to spend more time in that area instead of that one on the grand parkway

I don't think River Park Chili's was in an odd location. Checking out Yelp it seems that the service there was extremely poor. The Chili's in Rosenberg does have more around it, but is further away from Greatwood etc.. I also wonder why the Joe's Crab Shack failed..

that center doesn't have an emphasis on shopping compared to Rosenberg....it's basically stop and run...

the new restaurant is owned by the same company as Joes so they're catering to the area's demographic as they've switched over a few like that elsewhere...makes odd sense considering there's no other seafood restaurant around

The Chili's in Rosenberg was also established in the community at around the same time the Home Depot opened (this was the first component of Brazos Town Center), which was a couple of years prior to the opening of the one in River Park, so there may be that to consider.

The final point is something I can attest to at least anecdotally. I can tell you that on a few occasions, mostly when I've talked to people in Wharton or Needville, people mention they do make the trip to Rosenberg to that center to shop and more often to dine. I think it's just that it's something that isn't in their community and it's not terribly far.

That said, I wouldn't be all too shocked to see an H-E-B store of some sort open at that space. I recall even Waco has two H-E-B Plus locations just a few miles apart, so I doubt it would be all that revolutionary to do the same in a growing area.

Yeah I guess this all makes sense.. HEB could do pretty well if it is over by the Cinemark and more easily accessible from Rose-Rich instead of having to drive all the way through Brazos Town Center.

By the way slightly off topic, but what's going on in the old Kroger/Randalls? I know they opened up a gym in the old movie theater, but it looks like a new grocery store is taking over the spot Kroger vacated.

• 1 year later...

Apparently the H-E-B is supposed to be part of a larger development. Found this bit in an October 2016 piece on area mobility projects.

Adamson said several developers have approached the foundation since the I-69 construction began. The foundation is moving forward on an initial partnership at I-69 and FM 762 to bring in a mixed-use development anchored by H-E-B, and there are plans to turn a section of Rabbs Bayou into a water feature.

Adamson said the foundation aims to partner with developers on mixed-use commercial and residential space with the potential to bring in a corporate campus or destination retailer. The design could be similar to The Woodlands Town Center to mirror the historic look and feel of downtown Richmond.

“[The Woodlands Town Center] feels like it’s old and it’s walkable and that’s what we’d like to build,” Adamson said.

With 328 acres of vacant land to develop, Adamson said the foundation’s property along I-69 could take up to 15-years to build out.

“Part of that is the market,” he said. “Demand has to be there, but also our goal is not to put up as many strip centers as possible but to create an economic center.”

Is this store already under construction? I was wondering since in the latest Brazos Town Center leasing brochure, on page 5, an aerial from 5/17 or 6/17 shows a parking lot under construction with the "Proposed H-E-B" marker over it. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to HEB Richmond/Rosenberg Store

Archived