UTHealth McGovern Medical School At 6431 Fannin St.

corbs315

Dear Students, Colleagues and Friends,

This is a defining moment in the history of UTHealth. At 10 a.m. this morning, the John P. McGovern Foundation announced a transformational $75 million gift to our Medical School and McGovern Center for Humanities and Ethics. Through 14 separate endowments, this gift will help us bolster medical training, will provide full scholarships to outstanding students and will support scientific discovery and innovation.

The gift will also enhance programs at the McGovern Center, which was established in 2004 with another generous donation from the McGovern Foundation. Dr. McGovern embraced the philosophy of Sir William Osler, M.D., whose approach included patient-centered, compassionate care and appreciation of medical history and the humanities. The center serves all six of the university’s schools.

In honor of the largest gift in our history, and the principles modeled by this great physician and his wife, UTHealth Medical School will be renamed theJohn P. and Kathrine G. McGovern Medical School. The formal short name will be the McGovern Medical School.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to UTHealth McGovern Medical School At 6431 Fannin St.
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like I went to the UTHealth McGovern Medical School Annex, or new building.  I see a plaque stating:

Replacement Research Facility? I wonder if that is meant as a replacement for the University of Texas John Freeman Building? I believe the building once stood in the same spot.

Replacement Research Facility, 2005.  Architect: Watkins Hamilton Ross and built by J.T. Vaughn Construction Company, Inc.

5mMheiM.jpeg

4TwRHGG.jpeg

60glDvv.jpeg