Public Storage At 8989 Westheimer Rd.

Urbannizer

81067_1447944580_8989Westheimer-large.jp

Yesterday, OrangeStone Capital closed on 8989 Westheimer. Go say your goodbyes to the building; partner Hussain Nathoo tells us it plans to redevelop it within the year. Hussain tells us all sorts of uses would work on the three-acre site, and his team hasn't decided what it wants to put there. It'll be deciding quickly, since it aims to begin redevelopment by the end of 2016. The acquisition was a bit challenging, Hussain tells us, because OrangeStone was dealing with a bankrupt entity that had timing constraints. The team was able to close within 60 days with debt provided by Benchmark Bank's Jason Beene. The deal is sort of history repeating itself—OrangeStone closed two Houston office acquisitions in November and December last year, including the adjacent 9099 Westheimer. 

Read more at: https://www.bisnow.com/houston/news/office/westheimer-office-to-be-redeveloped-52660?utm_source=CopyShare&utm_medium=Browser

• 1 year later...

I googled Orange Stone Capital and they've only been operating since 2010.

I couldn't find any info on prior projects so I don't know how to judge but just based on gut I don't look for 

great things out of this project. Maybe a strip center with lots of frontage parking, or a box store.

I hope I'm wrong but that area hasn't produced much in the way of great architecture or well thought out 

developments. Its in the heart of one of the ugliest parts of Westheimer with very few redeeming factors.

Its the land of strip centers, strip clubs, fast food roulette, dated  apartment projects and box stores cast across

the landscape without a second thought amidst a sea of asphalt parking lots. 

The building I cant figure out unless they're using it to grow marijuana, is the three story building on Kirby thats been closed in with corrugated metal and looks very nefarious for a project on Upper Kirby just south of Bissonnet.

It was an office building a few years ago.

• The title was changed to Public Storage Uptown: Storage At 8989 Westheimer Rd.
  • The title was changed to Public Storage At 8989 Westheimer Rd.

Archived