Fairview Collective: Mixed-Use At Fairview St. & Mason St.

dfwill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
18 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Yeah this is def going to become a shopping destination. It has too much appeal aesthetically and it's in an area that draws a ton of attention. Retail is already established in this area so you can only image what could pop up next. Maybe a Sephora, Lids, etc???

When are we finally going to get the Bork everybody keeps promising?

• Like 2

j_cuevas713, I drove through this area today and was amazed at how torn up the whole area was.

You have the patience of Job. It really does resemble a third world corridor or the war torn middle east. 

How long is this street construction going to take? Then they'll start the building construction. Looks like your going to be in the middle of at least two years of serious work in that little triangle.

I'm sure the area will be a success and the retail and parking structures will really help the neighborhood absorb some of the street traffic that is now associated with Gratifi, Cuchara's , and Max's. If it works look for more activity down at Helena. Thats a nice group of buildings on both sides of the block.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2017 at 8:39 PM, bobruss said:

j_cuevas713, I drove through this area today and was amazed at how torn up the whole area was.

You have the patience of Job. It really does resemble a third world corridor or the war torn middle east. 

How long is this street construction going to take? Then they'll start the building construction. Looks like your going to be in the middle of at least two years of serious work in that little triangle.

I'm sure the area will be a success and the retail and parking structures will really help the neighborhood absorb some of the street traffic that is now associated with Gratifi, Cuchara's , and Max's. If it works look for more activity down at Helena. Thats a nice group of buildings on both sides of the block.

Based on those renderings, isn't the roadwork basically part of the build?

• Like 1

On 7/3/2017 at 8:39 PM, bobruss said:

Gratifi went under a few months back. It will be interesting to change the area from mostly good but divey spots to higher end places like RA sushi and see if it takes off. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, iah77 said:

Where did you get RA sushi from? That RA is the name of the vintage furniture place currently there, have they said anything?

Oh thank god. I didn't know the name of that spot and assumed it was getting the boot. I am happy they are leaving that block alone. I was not happy about RA Sushi taking its spot.

• Like 1

Gratifi went under due to a lack of service and management. The owner.

I believe that Gordon Ramsay even tried an intervention and that didn't help. Some people 

shouldn't be in the hospitality business. It will be interesting to see who all takes spaces there.

Its definitely a different demographic that lives in the neighborhood than did en or fifteen years ago.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Based on those renderings, isn't the roadwork basically part of the build?

Well it is but they won't start building those  new spaces until the roadworks finished so I think it will take a couple of years for the dust to settle.

I'm having a senior moment and cant remember the name of the little hamburger place I believe on Genesse. Is it closed or just taking a vacation. I have a friend who lives right in the middle of all of it and he is constantly dusting and sweeping.

Edited by bobruss
  • Like 1

On 7/5/2017 at 3:12 PM, bobruss said:

Well it is but they won't start building those  new spaces until the roadworks finished so I think it will take a couple of years for the dust to settle.

I'm having a senior moment and cant remember the name of the little hamburger place I believe on Genesse. Is it closed or just taking a vacation. I have a friend who lives right in the middle of all of it and he is constantly dusting and sweeping.

Ahh yeah Lankfords! Great burgers!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 8/13/2017 at 6:49 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

An article over on Bisnow about the future of parking garages, with a blurb about the conversion parking garage planned for the Fairview District in Montrose.

https://www.bisnow.com/national/news/other/parking-garage-conversions-77592

More often that not, parking is not wholly up to designers. Cities tightly control parking minimums and regulations, and Merwin is starting to challenge some of those rules. His biggest beef is with parking requirements near bars. Although bars are some of the heaviest users of parking, typically 12 spaces per thousand, he thinks it is absurd that cities require higher parking minimums there.  

Merwin thinks the requirement should be zero. He believes requiring parking at a bar is almost asking for a problem; particularly with alcohol involved, it would be better to encourage customers to walk, Uber or take public transit. 

I think that all parking minimums are bad, but parking minimums for bars are particularly terrible, and a good first target for elimination.

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Fairview District (Fairview & Nason)
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...