Fairview Collective: Mixed-Use At Fairview St. & Mason St.

dfwill

Awesome little project. Buildings aren't anything spectacular, but I dig the warehouse type look. More of these types of developments are needed! Its certainly balanced. It addresses the need to improve both foot traffic and the every prevalent car question, but in a more sophisticated way than most. I do like how the garage will be an art feature in a sense and will have retail it looks like down below.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, thatguysly said:

Don't Midtown my Montrose!

I hope that area keeps all the things that make it great the antique shops, bike shop, etc. I'd hate to see it just become more "trendy chains" Steel City Pops and Shake Shack.

Its almost too late for that. However, ive lived close by here for a while and never had an interest in visiting an antique shop...

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, terra002 said:

Its almost too late for that. However, ive lived close by here for a while and never had an interest in visiting an antique shop...

I've been to one in that location. Super pricey but I like the artsy scene in that area as well. I am more just hoping the things that make Montrose unique don't slip away. I like how there is Midtown, the Heights, Montrose, etc that each have their own flavor. 

• 1 month later...

Funny insight terra002 -

Not sure which blue shop you refer to but...Cotton Brothers a block down from Boheme is the only frame shop certified to deal with frame damage wrecks in Houston.

Mack, International, Freightliner and Peterbilt, KW all sublet their frame jobs there. Parking is tight there is usually a 20+ truck backlog to get into their shops. I am sure they know they are sitting on a gold mine. Not very fun getting a wrecker down Fairview with a mangled 18 wheeler.

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x8640bf676f7ff4f3:0xed2cb88f0489d98d!2m19!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m13!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!3m1!7e115!4s/maps/place/cotton%2Bbrothers%2Bfairview/@29.7481939,-95.3868521,3a,75y,9.55h,90t/data%3D*213m4*211e1*213m2*211sL_QkYVqnzcjiHq-B9x_eEA*212e0*214m2*213m1*211s0x0:0xed2cb88f0489d98d!5scotton+brothers+fairview+-+Google+Search&imagekey=!1e2!2sL_QkYVqnzcjiHq-B9x_eEA&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjj3afR1ZfRAhXMRiYKHRw0AzsQpx8IYDAK

Edited by Chi-Char-Hou-Dal
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...