El Expresso Bus Station At 2201 Main St.

terra002

This block will not change until Greyhound is either improved or relocated. 3rd and 5th Wards are not our focus here. 

Yeah I was about to say that as well... and besides that, so much focus is on one damn block yet we got half of the 3rd Ward, 5th Ward, and other areas that aren't getting any better and I don't see the public outcry there. My point is that this is one block that seems to stand out in Midtown, but sooner or later it will change and clean up as the city grows and gentrifies, everyone chill out already.

• Like 1

So instead of alerting other officers, like calling 911, or getting their badge numbers to report them, you just watched them "do drugs" and determined the entirety of the HPD is getting high on the clock and not catching criminals?

I'm really not sure where you're going with this. Like, I know you're lying, and I don't care tbh, but I wanna know why.

I don't recommend calling the police to tattle on the police.  I don't generally recommend calling the police anyway, esp in any situation where you could possibly become a suspect except in true emergencies.

• Like 1

I don't recommend calling the police to tattle on the police.  I don't generally recommend calling the police anyway, esp in any situation where you could possibly become a suspect except in true emergencies.

It's also ruinous for your business model if you're the source.  :D

Edited by samagon

I don't recommend calling the police to tattle on the police. I don't generally recommend calling the police anyway, esp in any situation where you could possibly become a suspect except in true emergencies.

Not really sure it constitutes "tattling" when the people, who are supposed to uphold the law, are breaking the law.

There's gotta be some anonymous tip line.

I'm guessing that not many people participating in this thread can remember when the downtown bus station used to be a relatively sleepy facility with no homeless folks hanging around. On any given weekday, you could park outside and wander around the terminal without being hassled by anyone (obviously in the days before ubiquitous security checkpoints). There were typically only a handful of people hanging out in the lobby, where small individual coin-operated black-and-white TVs were attached to chairs. It's been slightly dilapidated and seedy for a long time, but I'm not sure exactly when it began to be perceived as unsafe and a blight on the neighborhood.

the greyhound doesnt even have a security guard outside the station on the weekdays. Try walking through either sidewalk of the greyhound or the mcdonalds and I guarantee you will either see people doing drugs or you will get harassed like a mofo. they need to move the station or heighten security by both mcdonalds and greyhound.

the greyhound doesnt even have a security guard outside the station on the weekdays. Try walking through either sidewalk of the greyhound or the mcdonalds and I guarantee you will either see people doing drugs or you will get harassed like a mofo. they need to move the station or heighten security by both mcdonalds and greyhound.

Just ignore them. That being said if you're white they find you as more of an easy target for whatever reason.

It would only make sense to consolidate all of these services into one easily accessible location. Make a grand central station for Metro, Amtrak, GreyHound, etc. All with direct shuttles to each airport. 

Is the customer base for Greyhound the same or similar to HSR?  I suspect there won't be many people riding Greyhound to Houston so they can catch the HSR to Dallas.

• 6 years later...
6 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

HERE WE GO! This is what we've been waiting for.

Not exactly. This is NOT the Greyhound bus station but the old building across the street, although it provides bus service too. 

The Greyhound bus station specifically needs to go. And no more TDC prisoner drop offs there either. 

Edited by tigereye
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, tigereye said:

Not exactly. This is NOT the Greyhound bus station but the old building across the street, although it provides bus service too. 

The Greyhound bus station specifically needs to go. And no more TDC prisoner drop offs there either. 

Correct but I still think it's a good indicator of things to come. Midtown needs to pick it up a bit. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, tigereye said:

Greyhound has security to keep the dealers off of their block. All of the drug deals/lawlessness I've seen lately has been at this block. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, phillip_white said:

The real indicator will be how long it takes to sell at that price.

9 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Don't they gauge that based on the market?

FWIW, the price they are asking for is about 50% more per sf than what I heard midtown Cadillac was asking for their 3 lots. 

Seems like a hard sale to me.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

9 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Don't they gauge that based on the market?

I would love to hear a realtor try to explain the market for a property in the center of an apocalyptic hellscape. The current highest and best use for this building is as a budget-friendly filming location for a zombie movie.

Asking price does not set the market, the sales price does (kind of).

• Like 4
  • Haha 1