Wildwood Corporate Centre II: Office Building At 480 Wildwood Forest Dr.

wxman

Has anybody seen the new mid/highrise going up at the corner of Sawdust and Budde? It's already about 9 stories tall. I got a pic of it and will try and upload it. It's a fairly dominating structure (only because everything else around it is strip malls and body shops. It can easily be seen from the North Frwy as well. Anybody know what i'm talking about?

Didn't that go up quick!!  Been wondering about it also.  My thought is an office building or apartment high rise as it's very close to Exxon-Mobile campus.  Would be good office space for Exxon-Mobile support companies office space.  I live nearby & it just seemed to "go up overnight".  Probably what made the famous BBQ trailer move to old town Spring.  Development is great for economy, the the traffic it brings makes me feel like I'm on Westheimer:).  I like Budde to get to I-45 as much less traffic than Sawdust, but the feeder road is getting much more traffic.  Where is it coming from and/or going to?  

Which corner of Sawdust/Budde is this on? Nothing went before the Houston planning commission it seems. 

Being in Montgomery Co., it may not be on Houston's planning commission.  It's behind the shopping center on South side of Sawdust & corner of Wildwood Forest Re.  Wildwood Forest instersets I-45 by the Discount Tire location.  There are apartments across Wildwood Forest from the construction site.  It's near Legands.  Pruitt connects I-45 & Budde at Legands & is favorite short cut for me to I-45/Hardy Toll Rd, but the feeder is getting too much fast-moving traffic to safely get across the 3 lanes of feeder to I-45 entrance ramp.  .

Sparrow-Thanks for the info!  I remember the old oak trees & am glad to know they were properly relcated.  Hope they survive for many more years.  I'm beginning to receive the "I want to buy your house" cards in the mail.  Although the houses that are updated/remodeled don't seem to be selling quickly in the older sections.  The proposed new subdivisions with new homes are very attractive to employees thinking of moving near work.   Could easily ride a bike to office.  If SawMill had bridge over Spring Creek, ould ride bike to Exxon-Mobile. Great forum as someone always has the answers to any questions.

• The title was changed to Wildwood Corporate Centre II: Office Building At 480 Wildwood Forest Dr.

Archived