HEB Eyeing FM 2920/Gosling Rd.

Chris

There could possibly be a new HEB going up on the northeast corner of FM 2920 and Gosling road in Spring. There has been talks between HEB officials and Bridgestone Mud officials on the nearly 11 acre tract of land before the company purchases it. The main concern with the tract of land is the detention pond that takes up a good portion of it. HEB wants to minimize the size of the detention pond for the store's parking lot. There is no word yet on the size of the future store or it's amenities. There will be a gas station and car wash. I found this new location a bit odd being that the nearest HEB at FM 2920 and Spring Cypress is only 3 miles east of this tract of land. Another new location just opened last year at Kuykendahl and Creekside. A new store will also open at Boudreaux Rd. and Champion Forest Dr. next year. This Texas born grocery chain is definitely growing at a rather fast past.

There could possibly be a new HEB going up on the northeast corner of FM 2920 and Gosling road in Spring. There has been talks between HEB officials and Bridgestone Mud officials on the nearly 11 acre tract of land before the company purchases it. The main concern with the tract of land is the detention pond that takes up a good portion of it. HEB wants to minimize the size of the detention pond for the store's parking lot. There is no word yet on the size of the future store or it's amenities. There will be a gas station and car wash. I found this new location a bit odd being that the nearest HEB at FM 2920 and Spring Cypress is only 3 miles east of this tract of land. Another new location just opened last year at Kuykendahl and Creekside. A new store will also open at Boudreaux Rd. and Champion Forest Dr. next year. This Texas born grocery chain is definitely growing at a rather fast past.

That's interesting that they want to reduce the size of the detention pond for the parking lot. I worked for a dealership in Clear Lake that needed to expand their parking lot over a detention pond. They expanded parking without reducing the size of the detention pond by building the extension of the parking lot over the pond on a platform. I wonder why they can't do that in this case?

The land in question went before the Houston Planning Commission earlier this year already for HEB. Two other even larger tracts of land in the immediate area as well even more recently. These big companies like HEB, Kroger, and Wal-Mart are very strategic with their real estate investments. They'll buy land and sit on it just so their competitors can't open a location due to lack of a proper development site. It's no joke when they say the Grocery biz is a high stakes game.

• 1 year later...

They have begun clearing the land on the South East side of the intersection. I'm guessing they got that parcel since it was much larger and they did not have to deal with the pond reconstruction or moving. CBRE and Caldwell are both marketing others adjoining parcels with Future HEB listed in the spot they have began clearing. 

• 4 months later...
  • The title was changed to HEB Eyeing FM 2920/Gosling Rd.

Archived